Is Mary the "Queen of Heaven?"

Catholicism teaches that Mary is the "Queen of Heaven" and that she is without sin. I will take the position that she is not as the catholics teach but as the scriptures teach, nor is she sinless.

As always we should make the Word are final authority in all things. So we will contain our descriptions and discussions within the scriptures of the King James Bible.

You may start your debate at any time!

Yes, as a Roman Catholic I do believe Virgin Mary is per se Queen Of Heaven.
Although put aside my beliefs I will argue that she is.
Since Virgin Mary had been referenced in the Old Testament as the mother of Jesus and the Virgin birth, she would be considered as queen of heaven.
Since Jesus is the major figure for not just only Catholicism, but other forms of Christianity: Jehovah, Baptist, Orthodox, Lutherans, Anglicans, etc, Virgin Mary is the mother of Him.
Even Jesus was Jewish, but had betrayed the religion, and since Judaism uses the old testament and they do believe in heaven (not hell) they sort of use the same heaven.

I see that you say that you are 14 yrs old. Honestly, I am having doubts but I will take it at face value for now.

You do know that the scriptures do not say anything good about the queen of heaven, right? Lets see what it say's;

Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jeremiah 44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Jeremiah 44:18 But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

Jeremiah 44:19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Jeremiah 44:25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

The previous verses show that the queen of heaven is a false god, an idol.

You do understand that Mary was a sinner just like you and me?

By offering the required sacrifices according to the law, Mary admits her sinful state and offers those sacrifices:

Luke 2:21 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb."

Luke 2:22 "And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;"

Luke 2:23 "(As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)"

Luke 2:24 "And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons."

You also understand that Mary had more than one child, Jesus had brothers and sisters by the same mother.

Matthew 13:55 "Is not this the carpenter"s son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?"

Matthew 13:56 "And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?"

So now you're arguing by using the point that Virgin Mary had sinned? Also my age doesn't matter. I'm a very high debater in my school which is recognized. I do not speak just my opinion.

Well shall I name all the people in the bible who have sinned and yet we still continue to worship them? Including Old and New Testament

Adam and Eve: Genesis:6:

The woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good to eat. It was also pleasing to look at. And it would make a person wise. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her. And he ate it.

7 Then both of them knew things they had never known before. They realized they were naked. So they sewed fig leaves together and made clothes for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking in the garden. It was the coolest time of the day. They hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

9 But the Lord God called out to the man. “Where are you?” he asked

David:2 Samuel 12: 13, ESV David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.
Psalm 51:1-4, NIV Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.

Jesus had forgiven many for sinning.

Apostle Peter ( the Disciple): Denied Jesus three times, and failed many times (just like us). He had faith and walked on water. He received divine revelation that Jesus Christ was the son of God (Matthew 16:16-17), but turned around and became an adversary (speaking for the devil), trying to prevent Jesus from fulfilling His mission. Thus, Jesus had to rebuke him (Matthew 16:22-23). Even after all this, Peter was used mightily by God to encourage, teach, heal, minister to, lead and grow the early church. He wrote books in the New Testament, and His writings continue to help us Christians grow today.

Matthew 16:23, ESV But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

Mark 14:66-72, ESV And as Peter was below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest came, and seeing Peter warming himself, she looked at him and said, “You also were with the Nazarene, Jesus.” But he denied it, saying, “I neither know nor understand what you mean.” And he went out into the gateway and the rooster crowed. And the servant girl saw him and began again to say to the bystanders, “This man is one of them.” But again he denied it. And after a little while the bystanders again said to Peter, “Certainly you are one of them, for you are a Galilean.” But he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, “I do not know this man of whom you speak.” And immediately the rooster crowed a second time. And Peter remembered how Jesus had said to him, “Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times.” And he broke down and wept.

Virgin Mary: Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." First John 1:8 adds, "If any man says he has no sin he is a liar and the truth is not in him." These texts could not be clearer for millions of Protestants: "How could anyone believe Mary was free from all sin in light of these Scripture passages? What’s more, Mary herself said, ‘My soul rejoices in God my savior’ in Luke 1:47. She clearly understood herself to be a sinner if she admits to needing a savior."
There are many controversies whether or not Virgin Mary had actually sinned. Not just on Catholicism but on other types of Christianity. But you get the gist, whether or not Virgin Mary had sinned, she still was loved.

If you were starving and I could feed you but didn't, wouldn't you call that an act of omission, and wouldn't that be a sin?

When God created Light on the first day, he declared that it was good. Thus good was the second thing he created. But good can only be known as good in contrast to evil, in the way that light can only be known in contrast to dark. Thus in creating good God created evil.

This apparent problem for the orthodox believer can only be satisfactorily resolved if the concept of God's omnipresence is taken on board. Orthodox believers despite claiming that God is omnipresent show that don't believe it to be true by their claim that they are separate from God, that is God is everywhere but yet they aren't God. Thus they must be some place God isn't: an impossibility if he is omnipresent.

Cool your jets there, would you? First, it is a compliment to the notion that your comprehension level seems to exceed your age. However, I am starting to rethink that compliment.

Now, back to the debate at hand;

Quote from you: "So now you're arguing by using the point that Virgin Mary had sinned?"

Umm, YES, that was the very first point of this debate. Go back and look, "Catholicism teaches that Mary is the "Queen of Heaven" and that she is without sin."

The fact that Mary sinned means that there is NO Immaculate conception, and that is a lie of Catholicism.

Now, when you go back and look at my very first post, you should also take note that this debate is to remain within the context of the KJV Bible, not ESV or NIV or any other!

So please follow the rules of this debate or forfeit!
Do not quote from any other bible other than the KJV in this debate or it will mean that you are in fact forfeiting, OK?

Did I see you say that God has Sinned? What are they teaching you?

Where does it say that in the KJV Bible? Because I see that God is perfect!

Psalms 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."

Deuteronomy 32:3 "Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God."

Deuteronomy 32:4 "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

2 Samuel 22:31 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him."

I pray that you will study the bible and not mans words, ok!

Jeremiah 17:5 "" Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD."

MIrandaA forfeited this round.

My opponent has bowed out!

MIrandaA forfeited this round.

My opponent has bowed out!

MIrandaA forfeited this round.
Posted by amigodana 1 year ago
Proverbs 26:3 "A whip for the horse, a bridle for the !@#$%^&*, and a rod for the fool"s back."

Proverbs 26:4 "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

Proverbs 26:5 "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."
Posted by Elijahhill97 1 year ago
God is no more real than the flying spaghetti monster... just remember that
Posted by amigodana 1 year ago
Who exactly are you talking too Tatelyle?

I already know that, but I prefer God's words to explain things.

There is more power in Gods Word than mans words. But thank you!
Posted by Tatelyle 1 year ago
Yes, of course she was. But you need to ask: 'who is the Queen of Heaven'.

The Queen of Heaven is the goddess that the Jews worshipped, in Jeremiah 44:17-19. But who was she? In reality, she was the Egyptian Isis (or Ast in Egyptian). So the Jews were worshipping Isis, just as the Romans were in the 1st century.

But the imagery of Isis and Horus was eventually absorbed into Christianity, where it became the worship of the Madonna and Child. So yes, Mari is Isis, the Queen of Heaven. That is why she is called the Stella Maris, the Queen of the Sea. But Maris also refers to the heavenly seas, so she was also the Queen of Heaven (again).

And if we go back in history, to the United Monarchy, and translate the Queen of Heaven into Egyptian, the result is the Queen of Sheba. Yes, even the Queen of Sheba was an incarnation of Isis as the Queen of Heaven. Please see "Solomon, Pharaoh of Egypt".

Posted by amigodana 1 year ago
They know who God is, they just prefer another god!

James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

They worship mans words, another false god.

Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

John 10:34 "Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

John 10:35 "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;"

So when you argue according to mans ways, they will have the upper hand.
But when it comes to the Word, God Wins!!!!! And they don't stand a chance!
Posted by amigodana 1 year ago
That is why they stay away from debates that stick to the Sacred Scriptures. They are Scared of what the Word itself say's! They only believe man's words, therefore, they worship mans words.
Posted by cheyennebodie 1 year ago
Catholicism has the vows of poverty. Yet stores up treasures of gold. They are wrong on just about everything biblical.
Posted by amigodana 1 year ago
Join the debate dsjpk5 and show the difference according to scripture. Lets try and figure out which one the catholics refer too.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Depends on which Queen of Heaven you are referring to...the pagan one, or the true one.
Posted by amigodana 1 year ago
No, I am NOT catholic!
I believe Sola-Scriptura!

Elijahhill97, that's fine I understand.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture