Darkerknight
BackCommander

Is Masturbation While Married Wrong?

Darkerknight

Con

I know a 22-year-old man who has recently graduated. He got married a month ago. He says he is in love with this woman, but says he still masturbates. I believe this is wrong (as his wife can solve many of those problems for him) and that he needs to get his act together. I am acceptance to whatever is said. And, please, don't bring your religious beliefs into this. It's masturbation.
BackCommander

Pro

I'll accept. I'll go ahead and explain my stance for my opposition .
Multiple arguments could be made like the more liberal ones of assuming all marriages have to be sexual and that she is required to "please" him.

My stance however is simply that it isn't wrong, because he's his own, free and individual, person.
Darkerknight

Con

Good point, but I do not see why masturbation is necessary. I apologize, for I forgot to mention that this is not occasional.1 time every 2 days. That is not okay. It isn't just the sexual rush, but it's a matter of maturity.
BackCommander

Pro

I would of course argue, at this point, that his libido may simply be more than she would be willing to deal with.
He masturbates, regardless of why or how often, the fact that he is marriage doesn't factor into the argument you're making. I would say that it would be wrong if he held back masturbation simply because of his age or that he's married. Why should he have to avoid doing something he enjoys (that causes no harm to others) just because of the stigma against it? If he had a problem with public masturbation or if he did it to the point of physically harming himself I would conclude that he would need to stop and that it was, indeed, wrong of him to do. That not being the case in most circumstances such as this, I stand firm that this scenario is in no way wrong.
Darkerknight

Con

I too, stand firm on my opinion. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, masturbation is the erotic stimulation especially of one's own genital organs commonly resulting in orgasm and achieved by manual or other bodily contact exclusive of sexual intercourse, by instrumental manipulation, occasionally by sexual fantasies, or by various combinations of these agencies. This could lead to inappropriate thoughts. These thoughts lead to actions. These actions may vary from flirting to distrust to even cheating. Put yourself in the place of your spouse. Would you feel emotionally weakened if you found out that she was masturbating to her own sexual fantasies. Now, imagine if they weren't with you. Personally, I would feel like less of a lover and husband.
BackCommander

Pro

While masturbation may lead to inappropriate thoughts those thoughts don't always lead to action. Most thoughts don't lead to action, you could think about burning down the town you live in, that doesn't mean you're absolutely going to. We've all had sexual fantasies, those don't always come to fruition. If I were married and found out my wife were masturbating AND I had been pushing her to have sex, yes, that would be hurtful. If however I had been declining her offers, or had been ignoring her sexually, no I wouldn't be upset, it would make complete sense to me. This is a completely circumstantial argument. In the case of masturbating while married, I see no problem. I simply ask that voters keep in their minds that this is a vague question that you cannot apply specifics to. To summarize, a person's sexual fantasies, if inappropriate, rarely push them into a "wrong" situation. I admit that under very specific circumstances masturbation can be a form of betrayal, but stand firm that being married, in and of itself, does not necessarily constitute one should never masturbate again.
Darkerknight

Con

Masturbation may not always lead to action, but there is still the possibility. I am not saying that you should just abandon masturbation, so let's keep that in mind. But once every two days? That's just immature. Burning down the town you live in is pretty excessive, but an example is an example. However, if something is pushing you into thinking about doing something that irrational, your reaction could stem off into something not quite as bad, but nevertheless bad. Fantasizing about doing something kinky (all comments regarding that are to stay in a head, not the comment section) with someone other than your spouse is wrong. And the possibility is always out there in some way.
BackCommander

Pro

I started this debate under the impression that it was the actual masturbation itself that was being called into question. As it stands I intend on returning to this debate simply to "pass" in order to quickly push it to the voting period. I think we've sufficiently argued our points at this stage in the debate and should simply allow our fellow site members make their decision.
Darkerknight

Con

Great debate!
BackCommander

Pro

I agree wholeheartedly.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
Everyone has a different sex drive and it keeps changing throughout your life. Apart from that, sex is about satisfying your partner while masturbation is about self gratification. If you have a low sex drive and once a month is enough for you, would you rather have your partner masturbate or look for sex elsewhere?
Posted by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
I remember being a Christian making the arguments for what is immoral with weak reasoning. At the end of the day, its about fear and control.

I think the statement about worrying that his wife is also masturbating is really the crux of the issue.
Posted by BackCommander 1 year ago
BackCommander
I'm Pro because he was Con.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
Firstly, you guys have switched roles here.... So Pro = Con to this arguement? Lol But anyways, as BackCommander stated it is very circumstanctial. What if the Husband was in the military and was away for long periods of time? I think both of them have the right to please themselves? Of course adultery would be a d*ck move(Pun not intended?)
Posted by Darkerknight 1 year ago
Darkerknight
Good one diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Posted by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
"Would you feel emotionally weakened if you found out that she was masturbating to her own sexual fantasies."

Nope.
Posted by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 1 year ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Jeez kid, you have no clue.

Let me tell you a joke.
16 yo kid goes to the store to buy condoms. He's nervous, can't decide which to get. A clerk comes over to help. "How many do you need? I have 3, 6, and 12 packs"
"Um, is 3 enough?"
"3 packs are for high school. 1 for Friday, 1 for Saturday, 1 for Sunday"
"What about 6?"
"6-packs are good for college kids. 2 for Friday, 2 for Saturday, 2 for Sunday"
"Ok, what about the 12 pack?"
"Those are for married couples. One for January, one for Febrary, one for..."
Vote Placed by Mr.Speaker 1 year ago
Mr.Speaker
DarkerknightBackCommanderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, this was not a good debate because Con and Pro both argued opposite of what they were supposed to argue. Con, who by definition was supposed that masturbation in marriage is not wrong, ended up arguing that it is wrong. Pro did the inverse of Con. I am awarding the win to neither contestant. This was a confusing, disgraceful debate. Message me if any of you have questions as to my ruling.