Fr0st
Zendayalover156

Is Matt Smith better than David Tennant? (Doctor Who)

Zendayalover156

Fr0st

Pro

I think personally that Matt Smith is better than David Tennant. If you disagree please accept the challenge!
Zendayalover156

Con

In my opinion I think David Tennant is better than Matt Smith because Matt Smith acts childish while David Tennant acts more serious in the show Doctor Who.
Fr0st

Pro

I understand your point, but if you put it in another perspective Matt Smith would be more funny and yes goofy. To me personally I believe viewers would want a more humor character. (The fish fingers with custard in episode 1) Not to mention Matt Smith seem to be more energetic and brilliant. In one of his episode he tried to fool the Dalek by saying that he have an explosive inside the Tardis that was inside the Dalek ship. Matt Smith also tried to create the 2nd Big Bang to restart the Universe by using the Pandorica. He then was wiped from history until Rory and Amy wedding when Amy suddenly have tears and remembered The Doctor. Oh and who would forget Matt Smith giraffe dance at the wedding, it was goofy but amazing.
Zendayalover156

Con

I agree with you about Matt Smith's giraffe dance is quite hilarious but I think it's cool that David Tennant had so many facial expressions even when he's thinking about solving the solutions for all of the disasters that happens on Earth or any out in space. Another thing I want to add that David Tennant went to see a lot of history that happened in the past like in the episode "Fires of Pompeii" that's the episode where The Doctor and Donna went to Pompeii. Also the 10th doctor got married to Queen Elizabeth the first in the episode "Day of the Doctor" and in the episode with Martha, the Doctor went to visit Shakespeare and when queen Elizabeth the first walked in the Theater she said "The doctor, my arch enemy "
Fr0st

Pro

Yes, I like your point on how the 10th doctor went to see a lot of history like the Fire of Pompeii which also have the 12th doctor in it (13 if you count John Hurt). For the 11th doctor however, I like that Steven Moffat put some twist to the exploding tardis and how the Doctor's wife (River Song) end up being the daughter of Amy Pond and Rory Williams. I also like how the crack (aka. Time Field) add the suspense to the exploding tardis. For example in one of the episode the doctor pick up something from the crack and find out that it was a debris of his tardis (Series 5 Episode 9). http://2.bp.blogspot.com... , http://www.kasterborous.com... , http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net...
Zendayalover156

Con

Here's a bio of Tennant:

Early Life-

David Tennant was born on April 18, 1971, in the Bathgate section of West Lothian, Scotland, David John McDonald grew up loving television with his older siblings, brother Blair and sister Karen. As a child, his favorite program was the British sci-fi hit Doctor Who. He appeared in school plays and was noticed by actress Edith MacArthur in his first role at age 11. At 16 the young actor auditioned, and was accepted, at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, one of the youngest students to be admitted.

There was already another David McDonald in the Actors' Equity union, so he changed his last name to Tennant. The choice was inspired by the name of Neil Tennant, lead singer of Brit dance-pop act Pet Shop Boys, after the actor read an issue of a British music magazine.

Tennant appeared in advertisements as a young actor; his early professional work included a staging of The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui by the 7:84 Theatre Company, and a role as a manic-depressive in the Scottish TV drama series Takin' Over the Asylum (1994).

Acting Career-

Tennant gained wide acclaim as a talented classical actor, performing often with the Royal Shakespeare Company; his first role for the RSC was Touchstone in a 1996 production of As You Like It. Increasing roles on television (on popular programs like Blackpool and Casanova) and in films (Stephen Fry's Bright Young Things and Mike Newell's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) raised his popularity and level of recognition, both in the United Kingdom and around the world.

A long-held dream came true in 2005, when Tennant was cast as the 10th incarnation of the lead character the Doctor in Doctor Who, his beloved TV program from childhood. The BBC-produced show also has a worldwide audience and is listed on the Guinness World Records site as the longest-running science-fiction television show in the world. As a piece of British pop-culture iconography, the show cemented Tennant's popularity. In addition to playing the lead role, the actor was given the opportunity to direct episodes.

In 2009, Tennant won a Critics Choice Award for Best Shakespearean Performance for his portrayal of Hamlet for the RSC.

A busy voice-over artist, Tennant provided all of the character voices for the audio book of the Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III stories by Cressida Cowell (How to Train Your Dragon). He has also appeared in additional advertisements, including a massive Virgin Media campaign, and in political commercials.

So just a brief summary David Tennant was inspired to be an actor when we saw Doctor Who. Also he changed his last name to Tennant because their was already a David McDonald. Besides David was a Scottish actor while Matt was an American actor.

Source: http://www.biography.com...
Vote Placed by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
Fr0stZendayalover156Tied
Reasons for voting decision: In Britain, Dr Who is a national treasure and is loved by multitudes of both younger and older children. Don't get me wrong, I have heard that Doctor Who is popular in America with examples being Zendalover156 and Fr0st. Perhaps Fr0st could say that Matt Smith is better in which he portrays a Doctor who displays a more humorous and dynamic side to the infamous Doctor and would therefore be able to appeal to more younger children as it connects with them, psychologically speaking. I think this was a nice debate to read but perhaps, both arguments could have been a little longer and could have covered a wider range of topics involving the two doctors. I would say that Con had a more convincing argument. My voting decision is unbiased in which I tend to develop a liking to all the doctors and I do get a bit pissed off when one regenerates. I thought that Con brought up a very good point about historical context in Doctor Who which covers a range dates (I really enjoy history).Good Debate.
Vote Placed by Little_miss_Diva 3 years ago
Little_miss_Diva
Fr0stZendayalover156Tied
Reasons for voting decision: My reasons for giving Con more points is that for one thing I think David Tennant is hot. And for the main reason I think Con put a lot of effort into her arguments and made sure there were no spelling errors. Also one thing I love learning history even when I'm learning about the volcano Pompeii.