carriead20
cagystorm

Is Mercy Killing Okay?

carriead20

carriead20

Pro

I am looking forward to debating this topic, I will take the Pro side and if my opponent would like we can do another with switched positions.
cagystorm

Con

I accept this topic and I am looking forward to debating with you. I would like to have this debate based off of personal belief rather than external resources if that is okay with you.
carriead20

Pro

Of course it is okay cagystorm I was going to ask the same thing.

May the best of luck come your way!

I personally believe that mercy killing is okay and shouldn't be stopped in any way shape or form. Let us set up a scenario, your grand-parent(You choose which one)is in the hospital plugged into a bunch of machines. The doctors tell you there is nothing they can do for you except wait for the best. Many months later the situation still hasn't changed, what should you do? Let the doctor mercifully kill them because it is a terrible thing to let someone hang on the edge of death for a long time.
cagystorm

Con

cagystorm forfeited this round.
carriead20

Pro

Extend Arguments.
cagystorm

Con

First off, I don't have a Grandmother, so that example isn't as relevant for me, but I can see where you are coming from. Straight off the bat I will say that I am a Christian and I base my life off of the Bible. In the Ten Commandments it says that though shall not kill. I think that applies to all topics.

If someone isn't in a great mental mind set does it make it right for them to commit suicide, because they don't like their life? I don't think so, because people can always get mental help. However if there physical illness has no options for survival then I can so no more. Overall I would like to say if there is a will there is always a way.

Consider the virus Ebola. I am sure you have heard a little of this dangerous and extremely painful virus. This virus kills more than half of the people that it infects. However many people who get it do survive. Should you give up life because of the pain? Certainly not!

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing your response.
Posted by Raytrek 2 years ago
Raytrek
I think it can be, it depends on the circumstances but yes for sure. Death isn't a bad thing, we are just conditioned to believe it is. We are afraid of not knowing what happens and we miss people when they are gone. Those are the only reasons we think it is bad, but I believe it is only the living who go through that; when you are dead you will either know the other side or you will cease to exist, and if you cease to exist you will not be able to be bothered by it.

So death only really bothers the living and that is quite selfish of us, death is very natural and the fear of it tends to cause more problems for us. There is nothing wrong with wanting to live and we can do what we must but that should be because we love life not because we fear death, and if there is no hope of loving life then a merciful death is perfectly just.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
carriead20cagystormTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff. Beliefs are beliefs aren't solid therefore arguments are tied.
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
carriead20cagystormTied
Reasons for voting decision: Personal belief doesn't make a debate. If it did, one can believe that he is right and the other can believe that he is wrong and neither makes any headway.