TheGuyIsBob
Parolespen

Is Minecraft Bad?

Started: 1/23/2016 Category: Games

TheGuyIsBob

Pro

Minecraft.

Minecraft is incredibly overrated, and a bad game in the midst of all of that. Let me explain, as a game developer, I know how you should make a game. Minecraft has many people working on it, yet Terraria manages to have more content and in my opinion, manages to be more fun. But, asides from comparisons, Minecraft is a game where you start off in a grass area, graphic wise, not that beautiful, not really my type of art style. You chop trees down with no physics, you mine, the game is really quick to complete, and honestly, you need to have mods to have it come close to fun.

Quick Note: Please don't take offense if you actually like the game, this is my opinion, and I respect your opinion.
Parolespen

Con

I think its a good game. So many schools use it for educational perpese . It also lets kids use there imagination in the form of building.
TheGuyIsBob

Pro

However, in my opinion, the creativity there is not quite so evident. I don't think Minecraft is very practical, even if you are learning. People are hooked to the game, yes, which is why there are educational programs, this isn't bad at all, but I am strictly speaking gameplay itself. For kids, multiplayer can be a little bit inappropriate. Kids can become obsessed with Minecraft. The education aspect of Minecraft is coding, I believe, but honestly, though it's effective, I would rather see a more practical system, like Unreal Engine in early on classrooms.
Parolespen

Con

Ok,ok. I'm get were your coming from. But millions of people have become "rich" of playing kids necraft on YouTube. I think the gmae itself is good. I agree the frafics could be better, but also that is just the style of the game.( i want to thankyou for doing this debate with me. I like were your coming from. I respect you as a worthy aponet.
TheGuyIsBob

Pro

Haha, thanks. Minecraft, and it's multiplayer compatibility, is pretty dangerous for small kids, however.
Parolespen

Con

Ok ok. I understand. How can ot be dangerous.
TheGuyIsBob

Pro

TheGuyIsBob forfeited this round.
Parolespen

Con

Well i think i won this argument;)
Posted by Parolespen 1 year ago
Parolespen
I love this debate
Posted by TheGuyIsBob 1 year ago
TheGuyIsBob
Yeah, pretty much, it's more opinion based, though. That's what I play though, saying that Minecraft is a 'bad game.'
Posted by PointyDelta 1 year ago
PointyDelta
I'll take this, if no one else will.

Afaik the resolution is that minecraft is 'bad' - correct me if I'm wrong.