Reactive
TheSymbiote

Is Minecraft Encouraging Mindless Goons?

Started: 3/3/2015 Category: Games

Reactive

Con

Minecraft is removing the limits of a child mind and encouraging all to adventure into different ways of learning, adventure, life.

1v1 me
TheSymbiote

Pro

Well, congrats. You used no evidence to prove your statement and you just used inferencene

So, to counter argue I would like to say that Minecraft and games in general are a waste of time and money.

To live a life in another persons shoes is all Minecraft is, an emulation of a person who needs to finish a quest and progress through the game.

Minecraft used to be a charming little game with a great community of people, all trying to find their place in said community. Think of it as a big city with working people. The community of minecraft is incomprehensibly massive, and this seems to be the time that many very young people join the world of Minecraft, flowing in and becoming addicted to its simple but complex being. Kids go to school, talk about minecraft, do little class projects on minecraft, buy minecraft shirts, minecraft toys, everything, MOST of them not even owning the game.

Around 2012-2013, technology became very open to all groups, including gaming, media, computers, anything. The main group I'm trying to talk about is small children, A parent may put on a video for their child, and one way or another they see this person playing some blocky game. And after lots of begging, the child gets the game.

This is where the community is affected. Children became a major demographic is all minecraft related media. I'll talk about youtubers. A youtuber is a job. Not a hobby, a job. In my opinion, A youtuber is an active content maker that earns revenue through his/her videos. Most gaming youtubers would play minecraft, and would do what it takes to make themselves happy and their audience. Youtubers have to make money to live on, When a massive new demographic comes in, its time for change. Some youtubers, though maybe not all, may have to change how they act to appeal to a larger audience, but may cause original viewers to drift away.

Multiplayer: Kids are immature, that is how they are. Kids are also new human beings, incapable of grasping the size of the world. That also means they don't know how to act. Through personal experience, children can do some very immature things, like griefing, repeatedly cursing, hacker accusation, spamming and many more. It can be a big turn down for the community to join a server to be greeted by a kid with online power. This is one of the biggest parts that affects gameplay and can sometimes be irritating while trying to enjoy yourself.

So in the end Minecraft is encouraging mindless goons like you

Reactive

Con

Please name calling will get you no where in this debate, thanks.

I understand your 'immature' point if view on the minecraft multiplayer community is bringing out some 'immaturity' in kids but to be real it brings an opportunity for kids and adults alike to expresses hidden feelings, team together to create a skyscraper, etc. This is really important for people who have various social issues such as social anxiety for a chance to communicate and play with other people, which is near impossible for them in real life.

One of the reasons minecraft is the ability of anything! This is one of the best parts of minecraft and it's multiplayer community. In minecraft you can build, bunkers underground, bases massively high in the air to giant huts that touch the clouds! From a person who has experienced it for myself it is a great sense of achievement when you build or create your next work. The same is for online severs when you build a cobble regeneration wall in factions or win your first minecraft survival games the adrenaline and joy is matching to a try scored or hitting it off with a woman.

So I am saying that instead of turning people into mindless zombies or 'goons', minecraft can open a door for them, to learn, play or have fun!

Thanks
TheSymbiote

Pro

TheSymbiote forfeited this round.
Reactive

Con

is this the end?
TheSymbiote

Pro

TheSymbiote forfeited this round.
Posted by PotatoLord115 2 years ago
PotatoLord115
I have to agree but also at the same time disagree at the same time. I have owned minecraft since the exploding glitched pigs (Where Creepers Came From), and I have to say adventure is good for kids. The fact that a game encourages adventure, shows some hope that they will one day get off there game and go explore the woods. I played minecraft until 1.8 because of the fact that yes the immaturity of the people who play the game, I am used to factions but the fact that kids who's parents buy them stuff from the server store ruins the game. The thing is it may not be violent like Call Of Duty but the multilayer is ruined by the amount of immature mindless children with no respect and don't care about anything. In fact minecraft has its pro's and its con's, it encourage exploration and to be self suppliant. How ever online it also promotes theft, vandalism, and pointless murder. It does make some children mindless goons, but there are other children who have a high standard that help others. In my times of playing Ive been greifed by 10 year olds, but also been saved and allied by a faction of 7-11 year olds. So it really depends on their behavior because not all kids that Ive seen on the game are mindless goons yet some are, so you should consider that.