UAE-student
CVS

Is Mobile learning more effective in the educational fields ?

UAE-student

Pro

I think that Mlearning is more effective in the educational fields now a days , mostly because this way engage the student in the learning process.
CVS

Con

Hi, I humbly accept this debate. May I notice that is a first debate for both of us.

Whilst I believe that Mobile Learning can be effective for some students and in some cases, overall for the general education system I do not believe that it is "more effective".

Now there are quite a few different definitions of "M-Learning" around on the net. I take it that you are referring to "M-Learning" to be loosely described as students learning from small mobile devices that are pocket-sized and can be used anywhere. This is the most common definition and is what I will be using in my debate.

As I said before I am not saying that mobile learning can never be effective - it can, but usually in specific scenarios. I am debating that it is not "more effective", as you said in the title and your opening argument, than other forms of education and learning resources.

To learn effectively students require supervision, assistance and instruction by a teacher - by a real person. A machine is not going to praise the student for a good job, give out rewards such as merits or say "well done" - even if it does, nothing beats the praise of a teacher.

Students often say that they learn better and retain information more easily if they read and write out the information, a learning tool which m-learning cannot provide.

So that sums up my first argument - I am not saying that m-learning can't be effective, just that is is not more effective than other forms of learning.

References:
http://www.teachthought.com...
why-you-learn-more-effectively-by-writing-than-typing
UAE-student

Pro

UAE-student forfeited this round.
CVS

Con

CVS forfeited this round.
UAE-student

Pro

UAE-student forfeited this round.
CVS

Con

I cannot argue the opponent's arguments as they do not exist.

I feel it unfair to post an argument without arguments from the opponent.
Posted by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
I don't quite grasp how going con on this is even remotely possible.