countvinu
ilovgoogle

Is Mr President Barrack Obama ,a more reliable leader?

countvinu

Pro

The reason why I posted this topic is that I found out ...Especially from media and other blogs that the President's plans or the method of bringing the country upto its feet is not that active. IN MY VIEWS I clearly states that Mr President Barrack Obama is putting a tremendous effort to improve the economy of the nation ,its very good to say that he is forming a healthy relationship with other nations even at this time of economy slow-down.
ilovgoogle

Con

Look forward to this debate as it should be an interesting one.

"Is Mr President Barrack Obama ,a more reliable leader?"

reliable: that may be relied on; dependable in achievement, accuracy, honesty,
http://dictionary.reference.com...

leader: a person who rules or guides or inspires others
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

I will argue that Barrak Obama is not reliable leader due to his use of misinformation and lies.

"Facing some heat from critics who complained that the administration's budget figures are too rosy, Obama offered a misleading defense to a national TV audience during his March 24 prime-time news conference. He said: "Our assumptions are perfectly consistent with what Blue Chip forecasters out there are saying." That wasn't true.

Obama was referring to the Blue Chip Economic Indicators, a survey of forecasts from 50 private economists. In fact, at the time he spoke, the most recent Blue Chip forecast was far more pessimistic than the administration's budget projections. That's no small matter, since a weaker economic performance will produce even larger federal deficits than the Obama budget"
http://www.factcheck.org...

"President Obama's first speech to a joint session of Congress was stuffed with signals about the new direction his budget will take and meant-to-be reassuring words about the economy. But it was also peppered with exaggerations and factual misstatements.

# He said "we import more oil today than ever before." That's untrue. Imports peaked in 2005 and are substantially lower today.
# He claimed his mortgage aid plan would help "responsible" buyers but not those who borrowed beyond their means. But even prominent defenders of the program including Fed Chairman Bernanke and FDIC chief Bair concede foolish borrowers will be aided, too.

# He said the high cost of health care "causes a bankruptcy in America every 30 seconds." That's at least double the true figure.

# He flubbed two facts about American history. The U.S. did not invent the automobile, and the transcontinental railroad was not completed until years after the Civil War, not during it.

# He claimed that his stimulus plan "prevented the layoffs" of 57 police officers in Minneapolis. In fact, it's far more complicated than that, and other factors are also helping to save police jobs."

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov....
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov...
http://news.yahoo.com...

Out right lying in speeches and twisting information does not sound like a reliable leader to me. He has not demonstrated that his is of trust or accuracy defying the definition of reliable therefore causing the resolution to fail.

Vote Con.
countvinu

Pro

countvinu forfeited this round.
ilovgoogle

Con

All points dropped by my opponent. Arguments extended.
countvinu

Pro

countvinu forfeited this round.
ilovgoogle

Con

ilovgoogle forfeited this round.
countvinu

Pro

countvinu forfeited this round.
ilovgoogle

Con

My opponent has dropped this debate; therefore I win. YEA!
countvinu

Pro

countvinu forfeited this round.
ilovgoogle

Con

ilovgoogle forfeited this round.
Posted by ilovgoogle 7 years ago
ilovgoogle
The topics was very weird indeed. I was going to pick a person whom I thought to be more reliable then Barrack, but decided to give Pro a chance to clarify before moving on to that.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
CON wins.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
"A more reliable leader th[a]n who[m]?"

I was about to ask that.
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
I don't get the resolution.
Posted by Brock_Meyer 7 years ago
Brock_Meyer
This is a weird debate for a libertarian to be Con. The issue is not whether Obama's reforms are effective (i.e. what he is doing), but rather are they enough (i.e. how much he is doing). A Con position seems to suggest that Obama should be doing more, unless I am mistaken.
Posted by KeithKroeger91 7 years ago
KeithKroeger91
Barrack is making an effort to save our economy all right, but sadly in the end it wont work.
I sort of agree with you on improving U.S. relations but not completely. I really don't see a whole lot of change in foreign relations. The only nations that like us better are countries that were already our allies to begin with (With exception of Russia for now anyways.)
Posted by ilovgoogle 7 years ago
ilovgoogle
A more reliable leader then who?
Vote Placed by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
countvinuilovgoogleTied