Danielt1928Atlas
Adeimantus

Is Music Important to humans?

Danielt1928Atlas
Started: 2/10/2014 Category: Music

Danielt1928Atlas

Pro

I love music and the majority of the talent. From classical to bluegrass all the way to thrash metal and electronic post-hardcore. I mainly play guitar, it seems to get me through most of my hardships.
Adeimantus

Con

Loving something doesn't make it instantly important. Music is a type of art very popular in human society. Although many listen to music, their are some that do not. I will take the firm stance that although some enjoy music, from a large societal viewpoint, music, out of the many arts, is not as important as others, as well with in life, Art is neither the most important than others. While some may thoroughly enjoy music, I do not believe it to be important in a literal or relative sense.
Danielt1928Atlas

Pro

I guess if you don't play music then you wouldn't understand the lust for it. Anyways you are just 16 years old lol. Discovering a new rhythm that is downtuned and heavy just feels amazing and could turn the worst emotions into those of power. But then again I could just be playing chess with a pigeon.
Adeimantus

Con

You are to debate the point that music is important to humans. This does not include is it important to certain age sectors, nor does it include how it makes us feel. The way it makes us feel may be a reason for it's importance, but I must argue against that. Again, stating the fact that I don't "understand the lust for it", as an argument *FOR* music being important does nothing to support your argument.

I've played wind ensemble trumpet for 5 years, I listen to all genres of music, and enjoy it very much so. Currently, I'm listening to Frank Sinatra. Although I enjoy it, and I certainly agree that music is enjoyable, you state that music is important to humans and I disagree.

I have stated why music is not *IMPORTANT* for humans, please post an argument explaining why you think music is important to *HUMANS*.

Also I must add, attacking my age is completely irrelevant and improper.
Danielt1928Atlas

Pro

Music isn't important to humans is what my opponent says. Point and blank either music is important to humans or it isn't. Our lives do or don't revolve around music. That's all I have to say.
Adeimantus

Con

Adeimantus forfeited this round.
Posted by Adeimantus 3 years ago
Adeimantus
You have to finish the debates to get the functions.
Note: Use some points from the comment below you via Satej, he gave some good views..
Remember this is a debating website for facts and evidence, reason, not just the feels.
Try being organized, present a point etc.
Posted by Danielt1928Atlas 3 years ago
Danielt1928Atlas
I blindly posted 3 debates to earn the ability to use this site fully. Hasty yes but all arguements I've stated my opinion. I will retract my arguement and declare you the winner if it is that important being truly correct. Good debate but you don't see my stance.
Posted by Satej 3 years ago
Satej
I think rather than asking whether Music is important to humans, we need to realize that apart from Music, there are very few singular points of difference between Humans and animals. The anthropological study of Music assures us that it is the highest point of human culture and creation.

The idea of bringing different sounds - that are pleasant to the ear - together, introducing variations in them and through the mapping of time, art can be made - one which lasts only as long as the audience is listening to the performer (until the recording age). In my view, that puts an emphasis on the very existence of such an art form and its origin stands testimony to its importance.
Posted by Adeimantus 3 years ago
Adeimantus
I don't see how it as relevant to check and see if were friends. Although it may appear his only purpose is to support me, that is incorrect. Being friends with someone you see their debates come up in your news feed, and because of that friendship, you go look and read.

It's very logical to assume there's bias, but in this case, there is not. Either way, this is a place for comments and not debate, so I hope we can keep them separate.
Posted by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
You're correct, I am friends with Adeimantus. This, however, does not excuse your ad hominem attacks against him. Seeing that you revert to automatically assuming I'm his boyfriend when I've clearly listed on my profile that I'm interested in women shows me that, despite being five years older than me, age truly is but a number and it does not automatically define what you know nor does it define your maturity level. Good day, sir. Hopefully you manage to pull it together in the debate and debate the topic rather than the person.
Posted by Danielt1928Atlas 3 years ago
Danielt1928Atlas
You are friends with the guy, either this is your mule account or your boyfriend. I know you don't need music to survive. I'm just saying it is very important for ads in business and soothing babies into going to sleep. It isn't food but it is very similar for the mind.
Posted by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
I feel like Pro's debate remarks are aiming towards more of a logical fallacy of the ad hominem attack area. He's beginning to call into question the legitimacy of statements on the basis that Con is 16, not based on actual evidence against his case. That's a poor debate tactic in my mind and when voting occurs, it will detract from Pro's score from me.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Danielt1928AtlasAdeimantusTied