Scorn
Zmerrell

Is My Little Pony acceptable for adult men to watch?

Scorn

Scorn

Pro

I feel that My Little Pony (hereafter referenced to as MLP), is more than acceptable for people that are outside the target demographic of young girls[1]. Having watched the show myself, I will say that the general maturity of the show has improved from earlier days, and is designed to be for all audiences in my opinion.

In most countries, the show is rated for all audiences. For instance, in Australia, the Australian Classification Board has rated, from my experience, one of their DVD's as "G" for General Audiences. By the definition of General, this can include children of all genders and ages, parents, adults, and even the elderly.

Moving on to the existing community established around the show, Bronies (singular: Brony) receive a lot of flak for liking MLP. Some people online that deliver this "flak" simply state that "watching a show for little girls makes you gay." Now, by gay, using the context provided, means homosexual. The question to ask here is: Does watching MLP make you homosexual? The answer of course is no, and in fact, according to my research, there is no definitive cause for homosexuality, nor any sexual preference for that matter.

In conclusion, I would say no, there is no reason why an adult male cannot enjoy the show as much as another person of any age, and of any gender.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org... : "Despite the target demographic of young girls,"
Zmerrell

Con

I totally disagree. For one its ponies...bright colorful girly looking ponies...I am a total huge dbz fan and so far mlp seems pretty corny to this day... and I have a friend that supports my opinion pretty strongly. This show is beyond feminine and any guy that watches this has a serious psychological problem.
Scorn

Pro

Scorn forfeited this round.
Zmerrell

Con

Zmerrell forfeited this round.
Scorn

Pro

Scorn forfeited this round.
Zmerrell

Con

Zmerrell forfeited this round.
Posted by LADYBUG36 3 years ago
LADYBUG36
I do NOT think it is weird or odd for an adult male to watch mlp. Its an amazing show and everyone who wants to watch it( No matter what age or gender) should do what they please. If a brony wants to buy a plushie and collecter cards then let him. There is no wrong in that. Besides telling a male they shouldnt watch mlp is like saying that females arnt allowed to watch pokemon and dbz. I love pokemon and dbz! :) MLP is for people of all ages. Males and Females. Nobody is alone in Bronydom and Pegasisterdom.
Posted by FantumHeist 3 years ago
FantumHeist
Now if this was about Disney I'd stab a fool ain't no one bag on Disney with me around
Posted by FantumHeist 3 years ago
FantumHeist
The thing is the reason im not bothered by it Is that 3/4 of the so called bronies are nice and peaceful and make good friend and they don't try to make you watch it.
Posted by Zmerrell 3 years ago
Zmerrell
Ok, I see your point Snow658...but my opinion still stands strong.
Posted by Snow658 3 years ago
Snow658
I don't really think people should be prevented from watching it if they want to, but I do find it odd when grown men watch it. Collecting stuff like plushies and whatnot gets pretty weird. Keep in mind my older brother watches it and collects the cards,dolls, and all that jazz.
Posted by FantumHeist 3 years ago
FantumHeist
Aparker would you like your ovaries to be ripped out no you would not so please do not say that it does not require that but it requires therapy
Posted by Zmerrell 3 years ago
Zmerrell
Seems I have a decent following!
Posted by Tnewman 3 years ago
Tnewman
CAN I GET AN AMEN Ladies and Gentlemen!!??
Posted by Aparker6166 3 years ago
Aparker6166
I could not take a man serious if he told me he watches a show about bright colorful ponies running around all day. As for a "bronie" you sicken me a man who gets off to cartoon ponies should have his junk cut off.
Posted by Zmerrell 3 years ago
Zmerrell
I completely agree Tnewman...completely!
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 3 years ago
republicofdhar
ScornZmerrellTied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor conduct on both sides but Pro did provide an argument in the first round whereas Con merely stated his opinion.