SavageSalamence
SakuraBlossom950

Is Nintendo really for kids?

Started: 8/26/2014 Category: Games

SavageSalamence

Con

No, I definitely do not believe Nintendo is for children. Nintendo is a family system, it's meant to be enjoyed by every person in the household, everyone wants to play it. If I instead bought a Sega Saturn or an Xbox into the room, I don't think many people would move towards it.
Now I attend high school. And I've heard people in my class being trolls by saying "I played Mario when I was five, it was easy, it only had three buttons" and saying that it was boring. Let me tell you, have you played a challenging installment in the series like Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels or Super Mario Sunshine?

To stretch my point even further, I know a bunch of people in mixed age groups. NOBODY below ten I know plays games or consoles made by Nintendo. Of course they only seem to talk about CoD and GTA. I'm fine with that, but I HATE IT when people bash Nintendo for being "kiddy".
And it's funny really, because statistics show for people above 18, 51% of them own a Wii in their home and 26% each own a PS3 or an Xbox 360. Now if you're a troll, you would say "It's a piece of cheap crap, of course they'd buy it."
I'm pretty sure with all the memorable titles the Wii has and the assortment of great controllers to use, I'm not so sure if it's cheap crap.
Plus, for sales of games check this out. These are the top ten best selling video games of all time:
#1: Tetris
#2: Wii Sports
#3: Minecraft (of course)
#4: Super Mario Bros
#5: Mario Kart Wii
#6: GTA V
#7: Wii Sports Resort
#8: New Super Mario Bros
#9: CoD: Modern Warfare 2
#10: Wii Play

Look at how many of these are on Nintendo's systems? Not so much for kids now, are they?
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

That is very true that Nintendo has games that are not for kids. But, not only did Nintendo make games like that for kids, they also made games that were MEANT for kids. Nintendo is often mistaken for kids only. False! Nintendo does have games for kids 17+, but kids are not meant to play those games. Yes, you are right games from Nintendo are for grown ups also. From my perspective you are looking at the bad side of Nintendo Incorporation. You must also look at the bright side. For example: Kirby, the pink puffball, is a very famous Nintendo character. He is very cute and babyish due to his roundness and lack of talk. He is also made for kids very very young. He makes a very good impression on Nintendo games.

Proceed with a rebuttal.
SavageSalamence

Con

Wait a minute, I was meant to be saying "Nintendo isn't for children." and you're saying the same thing as I am, only with different words. Oops, fail.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
SavageSalamence

Con

SavageSalamence forfeited this round.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
SavageSalamence

Con

SavageSalamence forfeited this round.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
SavageSalamence

Con

SavageSalamence forfeited this round.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
Posted by Boooo72 2 years ago
Boooo72
I like the route you guys are taking. I wish I was able to be in this argument. I have been waiting to do this one for a while.
Posted by wxyz2000 2 years ago
wxyz2000
I might debate with you if you clarify (in the comments) what you really wish to debate on. Is your case "Nintendo is played by adults" or is "Nintendo designed for children"?
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
This is gonna be a very tough case for pro. I don't think anyone would accept this