lannan13
imabench

Is Nostrodamous creditable for predicting the 3 anti-Christs and more?

imabench

lannan13

Pro

I'll be predicting that Nosotrodamous is creditable in his works for predicting the future and other thing.
1st round is acceptance
2nd round fight to the death
3rd round summery no new arguements
imabench

Con

I accept....
lannan13

Pro

Nosotrodomaus is definetly creditable here are some reasons why.
1. He predicted Neoplolian as the 1st anti-Christ. How did he do this. He named three cities in southern France and when you rearange them they spell out Nepolian Rio. He warned the Pope that he would die under Nepolians rule by saying "Beware Benediton, you will come to the mouth of two rivers and spit blood." turns out during the time Nepolian had control of Italy this indeed happend. He even predicted his down fall. "The northern winds will proove to be to much as he has pushed to far." This is obviously the Russian Campain.
2. He Prideicted Hitler as the second anti-christ. He refurred to Hitler several times as Hister. We all know the evil deads of Hitler, like the Hollicost and the take down on Christianity. Hitler once made a quote saying, "I fallow the path of a sleepwalker." Does he possibly mean that he fallowed Nostrodomaus's predictions.
3. He pridicted 9-11, This is maybe one of the most important to America. He said in the 7th mounth of the year 1999 the king of terror will rain down from the sky.
4. He predicted the death of Suddam Hussian. He said the night of his death a star will streak across the sky. That night a comet appear and became the brightest star in the sky.
5. The thrid anti-christ he gave one name mabus. This name has been linked to only one person in history so far. George W. Bush. If you take out the a and an h and flip the m you get w. bush. But I doubt it. The thrid anti-chirst was to bring about great war 25 years after his death, so does this mean he is already upon us.
imabench

Con

1) You claim that he is credible for identifying Napoleon for picking 3 cities in France and rearranging those letters.... Ill do the same lets see what I get. I pick Toulouse, Pau, and Avigon. You can spell Louis, Guano, and Veto from those 3 cities alone and since Louis was the most common name of French monarchs that really helps me out, Veto could mean he vetoed a law which was common practice for french monarchs, and guano literally means sh*t so with these three cities the Pro might think I have predicted that The King of France will veto a law and cause the country to become sh*t.... which is quite possible and Im sure it has already happened.....

My point is, Nostradamus picked three cities that had enough letters in them to get lucky to look like he predicted the future, I did the same thing with three random cities and I got the name of the French King and the word Veto...... This was pure luck for both me and the same thing happened to the cities Nostradamus randomly chose.....

As for the Pope argument, Benedict is a very common name used by the Pope, there are many rivers in Europe alone, and there wasnt even an explanation for the "split blood" reference here so Nostradamus was once again acting vague enough to get lucky.

Lastly the the pro claims that Nostradamus predicted France invading Russia and losing, Nostradamus referred to Russia as the northern wind but unless my compass is busted Russia is East of France..... Not north. The prediction mentions that "he pushed too far" which almost every failed military general in history did at one point

2) If he predicted the evilest man in history, how come he misspelled his name every time? You claim he is credible yet he couldnt correctly spell Hitler's name??

Also, its spelled Holocaust not "hollicaust", but other than that Hitler never was proven to have said that he follows the path of the sleep walker and I dont even see how that can be made a reference to Nostradamus....

3) " 7th mounth of the year 1999 the king of terror will rain down from the sky." Unless my calender is busted to I think that the 7th month of 1999 refers to July of 1999, not September of 2001. So let the record show that Nostradamus's prediction of 9/11, the most important prediction of America, was off by a year and a half......

4) Comets happen quite common, he wasnt referring to him again because he didnt even give Saddam's name, and once again he was vague enough to get lucky.

5) I dont know how much you hate George W Bush, but mabus is a name that only has three letters in common with Bush...... the M and the A dont refer to anything else but seeing as how the name he chose has many common letters in it that are used in many ordinary names, this could have just as easily been another vague shot at a prediction that apparently worked on you, but not most other people.

The debate here is "Is Nostradamus creditable", he misspelled EVERY leader his predictions refer to, made very vague statements that sometimes completely contradict what actually happened, and used simple mind tricks and word tricks to look like he could accurately predict the future but in reality we played with his own words long enough to make a vague reference to some event in history....

Just for kicks, lets look at 3 American cities and see what we can get. Boston, New York, Washington
you can get all 5 of these words without using a letter more than once, Ashes, Noon, Troy, King, Two

The King of Troy had two sons, one of which watched Troy be burnt by the invading Greeks who had landed on the Trojan beach at noon. Anything burnt turns into ashes so Troy was turned into ashes..... That was done and by pure coincidence I managed to find an event in history that ALL the words i found relate to...... Nostradamus did literally the same thing, except he let us play around with the letters in cities he chose and we tricked ourselves into thinking he was credible but really, he isnt....
lannan13

Pro

I see my opponet didn't honor my request not to answer untill this weekend. I am lucky to even have a hotel with a lab top.
1. I'm sorry if I wasn't specific enough on the cities I couldn't remember all of them. One of them was Orion that's the only one I rember. He agrees with the pope incident and I said Benedicton not Benedict. By northern winds he obvesouly ment the Russian Winter.
2. Sorry I can't spell good. So what he didn't spell his name right if you had to predict an NFL player all-star roockie in 20 years I bet in a million to one chance you don't come close. So the fact that he did still gives something.
3. I'm sorry from the bad example I got this all from the History channel and I thought this was a good topic to debate. But so what he was off by a year and a half he still predicted the fall of the twin towers.
4. Con agrees
5. I voted for Bush... in a school election. I'm a socialist/ conservative. All I said about Bush was he was the only person in history to have his name linked to the name mabus. The whole point was that he got close to just about the main events and people in history, and no one in a million years could get even remotely close to that. heh nice one with the 3 American cities what did yah use wikipeadia. point is that website isn't creditable. why some crack head off the street could edit it. I even have an acount there.
imabench

Con

Pro, you never made any request to hold off on the arguments at all. You simply said in the comments section about how you might forfeit the last round because you were on vacation..... As for the Pro's "arguments"

1) The only argument he makes here is that northern wind is supposed to symbolize Russia and that Nostradamus once again made a spelling mistake when referring to a powerful person in one of his predictions...

2) He was still wrong about the name and if you are supposed to be a credible "prophet" I think one of the qualifications is being able to spell the names of the people you predict are coming. Nostradamus failed that task consistently which damages his credibility....

3) Nostradamus never once even mentioned the twin towers in any of his predictions, he had the date completely wrong, and failed to name the culprit behind the attacks by name.

4) Pro drops the point that Nostradamus failed to name saddam and concedes that comets happen quite frequently, Mark Twain was born and died close to the day that Halley's comet passed by Earth, Nostradamus didnt predict that but the point is, comets appearing on day's when notable people died isnt unheard of, and once again Nostradamus failed to give a name of the person who died. For him to be right all he would have to do is give a prediction that "a comet will appear the night he dies" and society would just have to wait until a leader dies and a comet passed through the skies that night for him to be right.

5) "heh nice one with the 3 American cities what did yah use wikipeadia. point is that website isn't creditable. why some crack head off the street could edit it. I even have an acount there."

A very well thought out by the pro (not), the point of that little example was to show how picking 3 cities with commonly used letters could be reorganized and give surprising results. Lets look at the Pro,

Republican, Topeka, Socialist. Lets see what we get with these words,
republic, capital, tanks, sea.

Washington DC is the capital city of a republic, it lies close to the sea, tanks is the tool of every modern military in the world.

The point is, you can take any three random words, re-assemble the letters to spell common words that could be used to imply an ominous future.... You can take any 3 random words and re-arrange the letters to come up with new words that later generations could use to connect to historical events.

The Pro claims that 5 personally selected prophecies Nostradamus made is enough to make him credible, however Nostradamus made many prophecies that failed

List of failed prophecies by Nostradamus,
1) by 1792 Venice Italy would be of great power and influence in the world (150 years later, nothing has happened)
2) by 1609 the catholic clergy will have fallen, 300 years later they still exist.
3) in 1792 the catholic church would be persecuted, that didnt happen
4) in 1607 astrologers would be persecuted, that never took place in history
5) by 1700 China would rule the northern section of the world, nobody knows what the f--- he is even talking about but it still never happened.
http://www.pfo.org...

To summarize, 1) Nostradamus relied on crafty word tricks to look like he knew what he was talking about whereas any idiot could do the same thing and pull it off, 2) He made extremely vague predictions to historical events, people, etc. that only through extensive interpretation could even look plausible. 3) He frequently got the names and dates of historical people and events wrong which that alone should cost him any credibility, and on top of that 4) Nostradamus failed many of his bolder predictions that included any level of detail....

It is for these reasons that Nostradamus is not credible for predicting any future events....
Posted by Chrysippus 2 years ago
Chrysippus
"Nostrodamous" is not known for predicting anything, if someone of that name ever lived. Nostradamus was con man and charlatan who made up garbage to impress the French kings. His "predictions" are so dreadfully vague that they can literally mean anything; and the few times when he specifically mentioned dates and places, he has been wrong.

This debate gave me a laugh, though; the "hollicost" sounds downright cheerful, like Christmas decorations, and the thought of old Nostrildumbus having such a speech impediment that Hitler became "Hister," Napoleon became "Neoplolian," Benedict became "Benediton," and George W. Shrub became (incredibly) "Mabus" - I don't know, I just find that hilarious.

Wait, wait! Drop the s from the end, change the u to an O, add an a on the front and turn it around! He predicted the name of President Obama with amazing accuracy! He must be the "thrid" anti-"chirst," whomever that may be.

Wait, wait! Ray Mabus is the current Secretary of the Navy - the perfect position to create WWIII! HE must be the thrid anti-chirst! "Scholars" (and I use the term loosely) have deciphered Nostradamus's prediction of the exact date for WWIII's beginning; it will begin in 2002, 25 years after "mabus" dies. Ray is one talented fellow, it seems; he's going to have to do some major time-travel to make this one work out.

Since, you know, he's still alive, and the war didn't start then... and all that.

That, and I totally remember the King of Terror raining down from the sky in July, 1999. He landed in my backyard. Fractured skull, extensive dorsal bruising, internal hemorrhage, and ruptures of the heart, liver, kidneys, and intestines.

Poor guy.
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
I'll be at state in debate so if I forfit the last round thats why.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 2 years ago
Ron-Paul
lannan13imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Tie. Spelling: Pro's was terrible. Vote Con. Arguments: Con debunked almost all of pro's arguments. Vote Con. Con used one sources and pro used none. Vote Con. This is a blowout for con.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 2 years ago
Man-is-good
lannan13imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious. Pro wrote nothing credible, failing even to source his "prophecies"....unlike Con, who not only demonstrated how shallow Nostradamus' supposed prophetic power was--by literary craft--. The only response by Pro was a set of weak arguments (if they can be called arguments), whether noting that somehow Con "agrees" (?) or that discrediting wikipedia would discredit Con's case....(?) In addition, Pro's spelling was quite poor, and the sentence structures were mangled.....Not a close debate.
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 2 years ago
Chrysippus
lannan13imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct tied. SP/G: Pro's posts were full of spelling mistakes, and had terrible grammar. AR: Pro failed to make a credible case. Con was able to show how empty and meaningless Nost. was, and how when he predicted specifics he was wrong. Sources goes to con; I would have liked to see some from Pro, since as far as I know, he was making things up as he went along. We voters shouldn't have to do the research.
Vote Placed by InVinoVeritas 2 years ago
InVinoVeritas
lannan13imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, use the spell check function.