Mitraputra
Desciuit

Is Nuclear energy the answer to the world energy crisis?

Mitraputra

Con

First round is for acceptance, Second and third round for arguments and fourth round for concluding statement.

I look forward to an engaging and civil debate. Only scientific arguments are appreciated please don't involve the international politics.
Desciuit

Pro

I don't think that nuclear energy will be the answer to the world energy crisis for mainly three reasons. One, there is no energy crisis. The world doesn't lack energy, so we don't need a solution to an inexistent problem. Two, nuclear energy is unstable, and will not be safe enough for use until we find a way to lower it's radiation down by a lot. And three, where will all this equipment to supply to these people who need energy?
Mitraputra

Con

You mentioned "there is no energy crisis. The world doesn't lack energy, so we don't need a solution to an inexistent problem." Firstly I must say you are most probably talking about your country which I believe is a developed country, I live in a developing country where we have electricity shortage everyday, in some of the rural and less developed areas over 12 hrs a day there is no electricity. We need to take prior permission from the electricity supplier before installing a Domestic air conditioner, whose electricity consumption is believed to be high. Now the 80% of the world population is from developing and overpopulated countries like this, hence we can say that the World is facing an energy crisis. Secondly I am amazed that you can ignore the fact that the conventional Energy sources are on the verge of getting totally used up, the thermal power plants that are main source of electricity would be shut down, hence we can say that there is an impending Energy crisis even in the first world developed countries.

Now you say that "Nuclear energy is unstable" which only helps my stance rather than yours, Nuclear energy is hazardous not only because of the radiations in the power plant but also to those people who collect the Uranium. The waste disposal is another major problem as the waste is mostly radioactive Cadmium, which is again hazardous.

Another problem with the nuclear energy is that the power plants are needed to be set up far away from human civilizations due to safety issues, this causes long range transmission of electricity and hence enormous loss in the conducting wires and low transmission efficiency.

P.S. Your arguments suggest you to be con rather than pro. Kindly make some valid argument as pro, otherwise this debate would be meaningless if you make arguments helping my stance.
Desciuit

Pro

Desciuit forfeited this round.
Mitraputra

Con

Pro has forfeited the previous round so my arguments stand unopposed.
I would also like to add a few more points to my previous arguments:
1) Nuclear accidents such as Chernobyl and Three mile island have caused irreparable genetic damage to a wide spread area due to mechanical failures. Hence such risky method of energy production can never be the answer to the impending world energy crisis.
2) In geographically unstable locations like Japan, nuclear power plants might suffer catastrophic failure, we have already seen in 2011 the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. This is the reason why countries on unstable tectonic plates cannot have nuclear power plant considering the safety of human lives.
Desciuit

Pro

Desciuit forfeited this round.
Mitraputra

Con

Mitraputra forfeited this round.
Desciuit

Pro

Desciuit forfeited this round.
Posted by Desciuit 3 years ago
Desciuit
true but mostly the arguments that people start as pro not con, so I wasn't paying attention and accidentaly chose pro
Posted by Mitraputra 3 years ago
Mitraputra
How do I pretend that you are the con?? I am the con, if you are the con too then it will not be a debate...
Posted by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
Party foul ;)
Posted by Desciuit 3 years ago
Desciuit
I chose the wrong side! Just pretend I'm con.
Posted by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
I would love to accept this debate if you would like me to.
Posted by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
Mitraputra: I was hoping you were pro in this debate. Would have been fun. Anyways I will follow this debate. I would like to learn from you to help start a similar debate in the future!