PatriotPerson
imabench

Is Obama a muslim?

imabench

PatriotPerson

Con

Not sure whether I should put this under Religion or Politics. But what the heck, I'll choose Politics.
I will be arguing that President Barack Obama is NOT a muslim (following Islam), and my opponent will argue that he is. First round is for acceptance.
imabench

Pro

This seems like a good debate to troll the living sh** out of....

State your case

Carefully

O_o
PatriotPerson

Con

I would rather not do this debate because I know it will be trolled, but what the heck. I'll do it. I will first examine his inauguration:

He took the oath on the Bible
If Obama were truly a muslim, he would have sworn on the Q'uran. It was obviously a Bible, and he even said "So help me God". This declares that he has faith in God, most likely the Judeo-Christian one. Because if he followed islam, he would most likely have said "So help me Allah".

He owns Bible(s)
If Obama were a muslim, why would he own bibles, besides for possible research reasons?

He doesn't have a beard
I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I think it's part of Islam for the man to have beards. Not entirely sure if that is true, but Obama lacks whiskers.

I will try to have a little fun with this. Your turn, Mr. Bench.
imabench

Pro

1) He swore in on the Bible

"If Obama were truly a muslim, he would have sworn on the Q'uran."

He swore in on a Bible because hes a SECRET Muslim.... Hes playing it safe and keeping his religious beliefs a secret, so it makes sense that he would swear in on a Bible in public......

It didnt even matter though because Justice Roberts f*cked up the Oath while reciting it to Obama, and so they had to redo it again in a secret event inside the White House, where a Quran may or may not have been used: http://www.nytimes.com...

2) Obama allegedly 'owns' Bibles

"If Obama were a muslim, why would he own bibles?"

He has Bibles In case he runs out of toilet paper

3) He doesnt have a beard

"I think it's part of Islam for the man to have beards. Not entirely sure if that is true"

1 - Its not actually true, you dont need to have a beard to be a muslim
2 - Hes trying to keep it a SECRET which is why he does not have a beard
3 - Michelle Obama probably wouldnt let him grow one
PatriotPerson

Con

I'm pretty sure it's against Islam rules to swear an oath to God on a Bible. As I'm pretty sure it's really bad for a Christian to swear to Allah on a Q'uran. The presidential oath clearly says "So help me God", which is what Obama said.

I'm positive that Obama and his aids have enough money to buy new toilet paper when they run out, Bibles will not be needed to dry their bottoms.

Thanks for informing me about the beard thing. And Michelle Obama won't let him do anything but advertise for the environment and getting children active. I mean, take a break Michelle.

My final point for this round:

Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting (not eating) lasts from July 10-August 7. Below I show you a picture of him eating between said times:

Since he is eating during Ramadan, he is breaking Islamic rules. Therefore, he is not a muslim. Checkmate.
imabench

Pro

"I'm pretty sure it's against Islam rules to swear an oath to God on a Bible. As I'm pretty sure it's really bad for a Christian to swear to Allah on a Q'uran."

Its not that bad if you only do it like twice over the course of your entire life..... Its not like you burst into flames or are doomed to living in hell either.

Besides, if Obama is unleashing unrestrained drone warfare in Pakistan that kills civilians on a regular basis, then swearing to God once or twice is the leats of his problems when it comes to being a good Muslim.

"I'm positive that Obama and his aids have enough money to buy new toilet paper when they run out, Bibles will not be needed to dry their bottoms."

LOLOL. Have you even SEEN how much debt the US has? We are 17 Trillion dollars in debt and we owe more money then all the money that currently exists......

Not only can we not afford toilet paper, we cant afford to take a sh** in the first place.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

"Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting (not eating) lasts from July 10-August 7. Below I show you a picture of him eating between said times:"

1) All Muslims are allowed to eat during Ramadan, they just cant do it when the sun is out from Dawn until Dusk

2) Fasting is obligatory for adult Muslims UNLESS they are ill, traveling, pregnant, breastfeeding, diabetic or going through menstrual bleeding...... Obama does have multiple valid reasons to be seen eating during Ramadan, and judging from how he acts it could very well be menstrual bleeding :P
PatriotPerson

Con

You make some good points, Bench. But I will challenge them.

"are doomed to living in hell either."
Are you sure muslims even believe in hell? Also, how do you know so much about the Q'urans rules? You repeatedly give and say what the Q'uran tells you what and what not to do, yet you fail to give your source. Please give Q'uran verses as sources to where that is said.

______________________________________

Yes, Obama is releasing drones in Pakistan, a very high muslim-populated country. Thus Obama is releasing war machines on muslims. Therefore, he is not a muslim, because he would simply be hurting and killing his own people.

________________________________________

The president is one of the richest men in the country, if not the world. I'm 100% certain he can get butt-wipers. He can even hire men to wipe his own buttocks for him.

_________________________________________
You claim that muslims can eat during ramadan, just not when the sun is out. Below is a picture (the same one from the previous round) of Barack eating. In a red circle is a window that clearly shows it is daytime.

Crap the red circle didn't work. Anyway, look next to the poster on a wall and above the cop. Yup, a window, that clearly shows that it is between dawn and dusk, on a cloudy day.

imabench

Pro

"You repeatedly give and say what the Q'uran tells you what and what not to do, yet you fail to give your source. Please give Q'uran verses as sources to where that is said. "

Proof that Ramadan only requires people to fast when the sun is out and that people are exempt from Ramadan: http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Yes, Obama is releasing drones in Pakistan, a very high muslim-populated country. Thus Obama is releasing war machines on muslims. Therefore, he is not a muslim, because he would simply be hurting and killing his own people. "

Again, SECRET Muslim. SECRET. HE IS TRYING TO MAKE SURE HE DOESNT BLOW HIS COVER BY DOING THE EXACT SAME THING IN THE MIDDLE EAST AS THE GUY BEFORE HIM

Why do you think his foreign policy is identical to that of Bush's?

"The president is one of the richest men in the country, if not the world. I'm 100% certain he can get butt-wipers. He can even hire men to wipe his own buttocks for him. "

17 Trillion in debt and counting says otherwise: http://www.usdebtclock.org...

"that clearly shows that it is between dawn and dusk, on a cloudy day. "

You missed the part about how Obama could be menstruating based on his behavior, which by the rules of Ramadan allow him to eat during the day time during Ramadan.

Also: SECRET Muslim.

SECRET: kept hidden from others : known to only a few people
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
PatriotPerson

Con

Barack Obama baptized into the United Church of Christ (UCC) denomination and formally joined it in 1988. He was 27 at the time.

He now worships with a Southern Baptist pastor at Camp David but has not become a full member of any church since 2008.

Barack Obama also said this on September 27, 2010:...You know what, just go here: http://abcnews.go.com...

And what's with your whole secret thing? That's a weak point. Anyone can be a secret anything. You could be a nine year old girl that hires teenage boys to make the Weekly Stupid for her for all we know.

My final argument:

Obama's with Santa on Christmas. Muslim's don't celebrate Christmas.

imabench

Pro

"He now worships with a Southern Baptist pastor at Camp David but has not become a full member of any church since 2008."

So he hasnt been a full member of ANY church since he became President...... Sounds like evidence for the AFCT that hes really a SECRET MUSLIM

"Barack Obama also said this on September 27, 2010:...You know what, just go here: http://abcnews.go.com...;

In your link, Obama goes on record saying “I’m a Christian by choice,”

That is what im getting at, he chooses to be a Christian to throw the scent off the Muslim trail, and then when nobody suspects anything he chooses to go back to his true religion, Islam!

"Anyone can be a secret anything"

Exactly! I'll count that as a concession by Pro

"Obama's with Santa on Christmas. Muslim's don't celebrate Christmas."

You dont have to celebrate Christmas to be able to stand next to Santa.....

========================================================================================

- Pro drops the argument that Obama owns Bible for use as emergency toilet paper since he literally cant afford real toilet paper due to how much debt the government is in

- Pro drops the argument that Obama is allowed to eat during Ramadan even if he is a Muslim, which he is, secretly

- Pro drops the argument that Obama had a secret induction ceremony after the televised one where he could have sworn in on the Quran

- Pro drops the argument that Obama doesnt have a beard because Michelle wont let him grow one, not because he isnt Muslim

- Pro admits that anyone can be a secret anything

I rest my case, vote pro!
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
"Obama is Christianity."

Well, that might be a little blasphemous, lol.
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
Whoever thinks Obama is muslim is a dumhead and doesn't know Obama. Obama is Christianity. Look it up, Stupid pro!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
"I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I think it's part of Islam for the man to have beards. Not entirely sure if that is true, but Obama lacks whiskers."

http://bit.ly...
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
You guys both need source material. Here ya go:

"Imam Says Muslims Must Grow Beards to Avoid Gay Feelings" http://www.frontpagemag.com...
Posted by TN05 3 years ago
TN05
Darnit, I was hoping you would argue pro. There are a laundry list of reasons to oppose Obama, but it doesn't help conservatism to call him a Muslim when it is very clear he is not one.
Posted by MikeNH 3 years ago
MikeNH
From reading his memoir and from a few comments he's made, it's my guess he's a non-believer, but would never come out and say it.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
I'm looking forward to reading this debate.
Vote Placed by Greematthew 3 years ago
Greematthew
PatriotPersonimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter vote to Stalin as he provides no real reasoning besides, "I don't personally like this person."
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
PatriotPersonimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con definitely had better arguments, as Pro's rebuttals to nearly all of Con's most convincing arguments (pictures & baptism) was that Obama is a "secret" Muslim, which in my opinion isn't very convincing. However, Pro was much more knowledgeable about Islam as a religion and cited very reliable sources throughout the debate. Pro also had less grammar errors than Con.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
PatriotPersonimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious reasons. Con really had this debate. Pro just messed around and provided no real evidence. Con provided images which was perfect proof.
Vote Placed by abyteofbrain 3 years ago
abyteofbrain
PatriotPersonimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: I thought that PatriotPerson did a poor job, but that imabench was even worse; he didn't even seem to take this seriously. imabench did much better near the end, and I almost voted in favor of him.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
PatriotPersonimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: That picture of Obama 'eating' during ramadan doesn't show him eating any food, it just shows him with his hands near his mouth.