Is Obama better than Romney?

Hello, everyone, this is my first debate. I hope I do well on this.
I think that Obama is better than Romney. First thing, Obama created Obamacare, which is a Health care reform, that Romney planned to suspend if he was president. Many republicans think that Obama is the main reason of the debt, but he was not. If you think I make sense, vote Pro.

It is a pleasure to be debating TheEpicMinecrafter on this debate. While I do wish this could be more than 1 round, I still hope for it to be a good discussion.

My opponent's arguments seem to boil down to two points:

1. Obamacare would have been suspended under Romney, which would have been bad.

2. Obama wasn't mainly responsible for the $16.7 trillion debt.

I will now negate these arguments and then present my arguments after.

1. A suspension Obamacare under Romney would have been good.

It is true, under Romney, Obamacare would have been suspended. However, my opponent is wrong in inferring that it would have been a bad thing.

Obamacare would have cost American taxpayers $1.76 trillion over a decade [1]. This is all for a increase in health insurance premiums in 45 states and the District of Columbia [2]. Washington State for example would experience a rate increase of 34%-80% [3]. Georgia would see an increase from 48%-63% [2] California would experience individual health insurance rates rise 64%-164% [4].

Most of this will only have negative effects and Romney was right in wanting to repeal/replace it.

2. Obama' s debt.

My opponent is false in saying that Obama is not the main reason for the debt. Under Obama, the national debt has grown by more than $6 trillion in four years, the largest increase under any president in U.S. history. By comparison, Under President George W. Bush, the debt grew $4.9 trillion in 8 years. Much of the national debt comes from Obama. [5].

Now, I will move onto my arguments.

Romney's Superior Policies:

Note: These plans which I am outlining are plans that Romney supports and Obama does not.

1. Environment:

Romney's plan for energy independence would have approved the Keystone XL pipeline which would have created 20,000 immediate jobs and 118,000 spin-off jobs [6]. It would also have a relatively small impact on the environment [7]. His plan would also would stop the EPA's requirement that the average fuel efficiency of cars be doubled by 2025. This is good for it would stop these expensive, job-killing, radical mandates.

2. Medicare:

Romney, as president, would have pushed forward Paul Ryan's Medicare plan. This plan is good for turning Medicare into a voucher system, it would be overall beneficial for seniors. [8]. In fact, average Medicare spending for new enrollees in 2050 would be between 35% and 45% below what it would be under the current program. [10]

3. Taxation:

Romney would not allow any new taxes or increase any existing taxes and would eliminate the death tax. The Tax Policy Center estimates the tax cuts Romney has proposed would reduce federal tax revenues by $456 billion in 2015. [9]. With spending cuts to go along with this, the American taxpayers will have a much smaller burden on them.

These are just a few of Romney's policies that are much better than Obama' s.

Obamacare will raise insurance premium rates on average people and Obama has added more than $6 trillion to the federal debt, more than any other president. Romney, unlike Obama, would lower taxes, turn Medicare into a voucher system and stop aggressive and radical environmentalists. I have shown, through specific statistics and better reasoning that Romney's plans are better than Obama' s. My opponent has not made a case for he did not have sources, specific statistics, reasoning or anything else.

Vote Con.
Posted by bubbatheclown 2 years ago
Let me put it this way: Obama withdrew us from Iraq and Afghanistan, two wars that Bush started, yet in four years he spent as much as Bush did in eight years. Even when ending costly wars, Obama is a spendaholic!
Posted by GDawg 3 years ago
Obama- Fascist Romney= Businessman They are both bad candidates
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: CON's arguments were head and shoulders above PRO's. It was hard to me to give CON sources, because they are largely blogs and opinion articles, but PRO didn't offer any, so, there you go. PRO gets conduct because CON was snarky at his sources.
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never really had a chance with con's arguments Easy con win.