SirTinyHead
LostintheEcho1498

Is Obama good or bad?

LostintheEcho1498

SirTinyHead

Pro

Is Obama good or bad? First post...Don't know exactly how this works but I can get used to it. I don't know much about Obama but he seems like any other president...
LostintheEcho1498

Con

Hey there and welcome to DDO! Anyway, most people create a structure based on how many rounds. For example:
1. Acceptance
2. Main Argument
3. Rebuttal
4. Conclusion

There are many ways to do it but that is generally the main idea. Also, you should take a definite side and be ready to defend it. If you don't know about Obama maybe do some research and see if you like him or not. Then debate. I find this method very teaching because it brings up different perspectives. Anyway, I digress. I honestly believe Obama to be a horrible president. He has done about 4 things that I find inexcusable.
1. He lied. Plain and simple. He made many presidential "promises" in his campaign and has failed to deliver on many things. Evidence for this is that in his first election Obama "promised" the American people that our troops would be out of the Middle East by the end of that year. That was roughly 6 years ago.
2. Unemployment. Many people keep saying that Obama has lowered unemployment which is partly true but mainly false. The true part is that there is a larger American workforce than several years ago. The problem, though, is that now more people are searching for jobs now that the economy seems to be recovering despite the fact that it truly isn't.
3. The Deficit. Obama has increased the national debt 3 times over. Literally. America is at its all time high in debt. Never before has the American dollar been worth so little and the deficit so large. This is mainly due to Obama's extravagant and failed attempts to be an economist while not listening to the professionals telling him to do otherwise. He has spent money using American tax dollars in a similar fashion to a king, taking a Hawaii golfing trip that cost over 1 billion dollars. Also he continues to use a Keynesian Economic System which basically means to throw money at the economy to stimulate growth. The problem with this is that as a result of Obama's Robin Hood Acts along with many other taxes on American industry(my next topic) the economy has not been stimulated in America but in China. We are using our money to buy Chinese goods, only stimulating their economy and not ours.
4. Lastly, Obama's law making. Obama has instituted several things such as increased welfare systems, Obamacare, and more taxes. The increase in welfare and the creation of Obamacare directly is associated with taxes well. With the increase of money that America is handing out to non-working citizens, more taxes are needed to implement these systems. Obama knew he couldn't tax the poor so he taxed the middle class and upper class using what is known as Robin Hood Acts. The idea is that he taxes the rich more based not only on salary/income but on already gained funds and bank accounts. The problem with this is that now our middle class is rapidly shrinking and the rich are outsourcing and moving their businesses to other countries(cough China cough). Therefore we are paying more taxes, the workers are paying for the non-workers, and industry in America has shrunk enormously. American GDP is estimated to drop 14 Billion over the next 14 years and do so again 3 more times(14 year increments).

To conclude this, I do not expect anyone to vote as this is your first time and you do not know how this works. If you wish, however, it could be voted on and be given a proper debates vote. Good luck, and welcome!
SirTinyHead

Pro

I'm convinced
LostintheEcho1498

Con

Lol I can honestly say I have yet to have someone become convinced of my argument on anything before. A pleasant first though.
SirTinyHead

Pro

thanks for welcoming me! First post, first time being convinced. debate.org seems to work well!
LostintheEcho1498

Con

Just be careful. Most of us here are pretty set in our ways. Don't like to accept others positions.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
SirTinyHeadLostintheEcho1498Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Graceful concession.
Vote Placed by august55433 2 years ago
august55433
SirTinyHeadLostintheEcho1498Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Because i 100% agree with Con
Vote Placed by Mr.Lincoln 2 years ago
Mr.Lincoln
SirTinyHeadLostintheEcho1498Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Since Pro gave up in Round 2 and Con was the only one who made a sufficient argument, points go to Con