Is PC better for gaming than console?

Thequestioner22 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 7/7/2016 Category: Games

I believe that PC gaming is superior to console in all areas of gaming. The argument that PC's are extremely expensive. This couldn't be any more false. A PC that will cost you 300-400 U.S. dollars will slightly outperform an XBox One or PS4. Another factor in price is games. Most new releases on console cost around 60 U.S. dollars. Newer PC releases normally range 25-35 U.S. dollars. In addition, most games are acquired via Steam, a digital games dealer. During Steam's Summer Sale, most AAA games drop in price down to as low as 3 U.S. dollars.

Another common argument is that you can use your console from the comfort of your couch. That is true, but it is true for console and PC alike. "PC's are bulky," simply false. There are cases that are much smaller than a console. Another issue is the use of controllers. Many gamers prefer a controller over a mouse and keyboard (the more technologically powerful and precise of the options), and thus go for console over PC. But, any PC has the ability to connect to a controller via USB.

What I have stated is little of the reasons PC is superior to console.

I believe that this depends on what kind of gamer you are. PC gaming is definitely better if you want to get into more professional gaming, or if you want to mod your games. But consuls are better for the more recreational gamer, which I believe the majority of the community is, correct me if I am wrong. Consul gaming is better if you just want to get online, hang with friends and have a good time. Also, PC controls can be a bit tricky and take time to learn, and most people would rather grab their game and have fun instead of going through the frustration of learning the new controls. on the topic of money, most good gaming PC's are a ton of money. I have a fairly good computer and it has a hard time running Skyrim. If you want to get into true PC gaming (I.e. Graphics overhauls, tons of mods, etc...) it requires a very expensive computer. All in all, Consul gaming is way better for the average gamer.

If you are concerned by controls being too difficult, simply connect your standard XBox One or XBox 360 controller. Also, playing with friends is much easier for several reasons: you don't have to pay to play with your friends (as in comparison to XBox Live Gold), and you don't have to physically buy your games, you can buy and download off of Steam.

As a response to my opponent's argument on "true PC gaming," true PC gaming is playing your favorite games at the quality you want. That is why people game on PC. We have the freedom of choice. With a console, everybody has the same thing for the same price. In the world of PC's, everybody is different. Some run Intel, some run AMD. Some have a Titan X, some have a 790 ti. The options are limitless, and parts are getting cheaper by the day.

A processor that will outperform that of a next-gen console when not overcooked will cost less than 90 U.S. dollars. So, it is very easy to build a PC that can outperform a console for cheap.

Another reason PC is better is universality. A PC can do much more than gaming. Sure, a console can run Netflix or YouTube, and even browse the internet. But documents, video editing, photo editing? Nope. Consoles are built with only gaming and entertainment in mind.

$350 PC build:

I do agree with you on most of your points. Although, many people enjoy consul more because that is what they are used to, also they can play the games on a big tv screen instead of a small computer one. It ultimately comes down to the kind of games you are, if you are just playing for fun, then consul is better. But if you want to get into modding, recording/ editing your gameplay for something like YouTube, then computer is better. One is not better than the other it all depends on personal preference.

Firstly, my argument is purely objective. I am not taking into consideration preference, but capability. Secondly, I believe if given the chance, any given person would prefer PC if they began unbiased. A PC can be connected to a TV, it has the same games and genres, and has it's own nearly exclusive genre (MOBA, or multiplayer online battle arena). So, objectively, and, in most cases in general, the PC is superior.

Thank you for debating with me. It was much enjoyed and appreciated.

Posted by lord_megatron 3 months ago
Also, add that pc has other functions like ddo, and that pc has many free gaming sites like armorgames and kongregate but console games are always paid and don't have any other function except gaming