penguin558
Godisreal21

Is Pastafarism a religion?

penguin558

penguin558

Pro

Pastafarianism, a wonderful religion created by Bobby Henderson in 2005 under the control of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can try to prove me wrong but you will fail.
Godisreal21

Con

This is absurd! They take the name of our good god and make a parody out of it! Every pastafarism will BURN in hell!
penguin558

Pro

According to to your statement of us making a parody of your religion, which is presumably Christianity, is false as this religion have been taken into many countries such as U.S.A and Canada and that many people practice this religion. One day a man walked into a D.M.V. to get his drivers licence and he had a strainer on his head, he was confronted and was told to off. After many minutes of fighting he won the right to wear the strainer on his head for religious reasons, http://www.telegraph.co.uk.... How do they take the name of your God if our religion is almost completely different than yours, the only similarities are that both followers go to heaven which is the case of many other religions. This religion can also stand on it's own as it has it's own bible and their own churches. Other reasons why this is a legit religion is that they have their own religions. I have even takes a faceoff if it should be a religion and 15 out of the 17 (88%) said that it was http://www.debate.org....
Godisreal21

Con

That is riduclous.
penguin558

Pro

Since that was the only thing that you can come back with, than I think we could agree that I won and that Pastafarism is a religion.
Posted by Gordontrek 2 years ago
Gordontrek
I meant exactly what I said- they have lots of ego and no logic.
Ego- "we all have IQs a hundred points higher than any of yours"
Logic- "I can prove your god isn't real because of the flying spaghetti monster"

The "logic" is simple, just straw man everything like a good atheist- or shall I say, Pastafarian.
Posted by COUREE_FLUTE 2 years ago
COUREE_FLUTE
Honestly I really don't understand why someone would love God so much and not capitalize His name. And then blow up on someone... Just saying.
Posted by miraculous 2 years ago
miraculous
If you're a proud Pastafarian, raise your hand so I see the insane side of DDO.
Posted by DudeHouse 2 years ago
DudeHouse
I believe it
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
"lots of ego and no logic" - you're saying this about a group of people who created a "religion" which is making fun of people with... lots of ego and no logic...?
Posted by Gordontrek 2 years ago
Gordontrek
"Pastafarianism," strictly defined, is a weak straw-man used by people with lots of ego and no logic.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
penguin558Godisreal21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: All points were dropped.