Austinsaysnothing
Garet

Is Peyton Manning a first year Hall of Famer?

Started: 3/7/2016 Category: Sports

Austinsaysnothing

Pro

Over the past 18 years, Peyton Manning has climbed the ladder in order to get to the top and has proved year after year that he has what it takes to get it done. However, in 2015, we saw Manning play in the worst season of his career as he only threw for 2,249 yards and only played 10 games due to an injury he suffered earlier in the season. While he did win the Super Bowl this year, it was a bitter sweet victory as he had no passing touchdowns but eventually completed a pass for a two point conversion at the end of the game.

In my mind, this season affects none of his career stats and I personally believe that when 2021 comes around, we will be seeing Peyton Manning in a gold jacket at the NFL honors ceremony.

I would like to wish my opponent good luck and I look forward to a wonderful debate.
Garet

Con

Peyton Manning is definitely a Hall of Famer, but a first year is yet to be determined. What evidence do I need to prove that he will fall short of first year? What can I say to change your mind on your opinion that he is a first year Hall of Famer? I did see you mentioned this years accomplishments. He had very mediocre stats this year and the defense really carried him through until the end. So , if you take out this season, it doesn't really help nor hinder him. He has been know to not be able to win the big game without help of the defense. Hence, that's what happened this year. Two years ago, he had the best season a quarterback could have, but he choked it up in the big game, almost like he ran out of gas. Peyton Manning is just missing that unique item that makes him a first year Hall of Famer. He had his chance this year with all the rest he got, but he just didn't show his greatness everyone was waiting to see. I think he will fall a little short. For example, he will be against Charles Woodson. Charles Woodson ended his career with 5 interceptions with the Oakland Raiders, two of which he got off Peyton Manning in one game. After 18 years, Woodson collected 65 interceptions with 11 of them scoring touchdowns.
Austinsaysnothing

Pro

Austinsaysnothing forfeited this round.
Garet

Con

Garet forfeited this round.
Austinsaysnothing

Pro

Austinsaysnothing forfeited this round.
Garet

Con

Garet forfeited this round.
Austinsaysnothing

Pro

Austinsaysnothing forfeited this round.
Garet

Con

Garet forfeited this round.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Given what a player's position is supposed to do, Peyton Manning's numbers, in position-relevant statistics, are the highest of any player to ever play the game.
Posted by Austinsaysnothing 1 year ago
Austinsaysnothing
This is true, but I have heard multiple people say he did not have a Hall of Fame career which is idiotic.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Statistically, Peyton Manning is the best PLAYER, not just QB, of all time...this is a no-brainer.