Is Pokemon the First Movie actually a great movie

Started: 3/7/2015 Category: Games

first round: accept
second round: argument
third round: finding errors in your opponents argument/countering
fourth round: countering the counter

This is my first debate.
Good Luck =)

1. The story is pointless. They learn that forcing Pok"mon to fight is bad and wrong, but Mew two erases this memory from their minds and they go back to pointless violence.

2. This FIRST movie takes no part in any future storyline and so it wastes your time.

3 Somehow the tears of the Pok"mon bring ash back to life. How does that make sense? Do they cry him back to life?

4. This movie should not be for children: the ending scene with all the Pok"mon fighting is sad, violent, and cruel. Also Mew two blows up a lab and kills innocent scientists! For Kids!

5. In the end violent scene, since the lab-created Pok"mon are exactly alike, you don't know who to route for!

6. The first scene is confusing and gives no info since you don't know anything or anyone.

Now state your points: no counters yet.

For my second round i'm going to say something short:

The first pokemon movie was in 1998, and we still talk about it very much 17 years later.

The reason people still talk about it 17 years later is because they still remember what a waste of time it was. There are two reasons to talk about a movie:
1. It's great
2. It's not great
They are obviously talking about the second kind because of lack in storyline and entertainment. Your argument, like the movie, is irrelevent.

In the next round you may only counter the R2 argument (read R1 format). You may not create an argument or rebute this counter

I have never heard anybody say that Pokemon is remember because it's terrible!!! It's actually more popular now than it was in 1998--2003. (Pokemon Cards, Pokemon TV SHows)

You were not supposed to counter R3 yet (see format above). This makes your argument obsolite.

We are talking about the first movie, not the TV show or cards. You have given me nothing else to counter R3 so my turn is over.

(NOW you counter R3

literally this is the most ridiculous topic ever. My counter is what i posted 4 the prior round. Since I have the last word, i'm just going to say that nobody's ever said anything bad about pokemon (I repeat for the 5 time). It's remembered for it's greatenss
Posted by bluesteel 1 year ago
>Reported vote: 2001bhu // Moderator action: removed<

3 points to Con (arguments). {RFD = Reasons for voting decision: I think 3168176 had better and more laid out arguments. In round two he made a great argument in round 2.}

[*Reason for removal*] This RFD is insufficiently specific. It could be copy-pasted to any debate, i.e. it says that Con had a better argument and made a good argument in Round 2. This could be said of literally any debate. It is too generic. The RFD should specify what the argument was that was made in Round 2 that was so convincing and why it was so convincing.
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
We talk about how bad it is
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
define great