christinesochulak
imabench

Is President Obama a good well rounded President?

imabench
Started: 1/18/2012 Category: Economics

christinesochulak

Con

President Obama needs to be removed from office as soon as possible. He is a disgrace. My father has worked his butt off for my mother, sister, and I to provide for us. My father works as a custodian and has a private landscape business that he does on his own. Obama has taken away my fathers health care and his job. Obama has made it ten times harder now for him. He has worked harder than ever now with his landscape business nonstop and needs to have his hip replaced because of it. Obama is a socialist and he wants everyone to be equal. This is not the way America was founded. Obama wants to spread out the wealth and that is not fair. The people that are lazy in the world and dont want to do anything for themselves, Obama feels they should be treated just as equal. Obama is to busy worrying about all of the foregins and keeps taking people benefits away. Obama also in my eyes spends to much time away from the White House. He is always traveling. I have never seen a President be away from the White House for mass amounts of hours and days. Healthcare is an absolute nightmare. Obama wants the government to control the total health care in the United States which is not fair. We has a country should be able to choose what health care we would like for our family. In my opinion Obama seems like he is trying to take God out of everything within his life and possibly the government and freedom one hundred percent. To me Obama is a step away from.

imabench

Pro

3000 character limit?

It seems that the Resolution of this debate is in reality (Obama should be removed from office as soon as possible), therefore I will offer evidence of why Obama should not be removed from office while keeping with the original resolution.

1) "Obama has taken away my fathers health care and his job"
I doubt that Obama passed a private law that specifically had instructions to shut down your fathers business like you claim. Your dad may have lost his job because of the recession, bad management, lack of profit, etc. Obama isnt single-handedly the reason your dad lost your job.

2) "Obama has made it ten times harder now for him."
Your opinion of him

3) "Obama is a socialist and he wants everyone to be equal"
Im guessing your a fan of Fox News......

4) "Obama wants to spread out the wealth and that is not fair"
Also an opinion and completely false as well. Obama had recently extended tax cuts on the wealthy a few months ago which goes against your idea that Obama is hell bent on making everybody equal...

5) "Obama is to busy worrying about all of the foregins and keeps taking people benefits away"
Again your own warped opinion since Obama extended benefits to the unemployed a while ago now, again showing how he is not hell bent on "taking people's benefits away"

6) "He is always traveling"
Every president travels to places, the most powerful person in the world is relied upon to inspire others, work out treaties ,meet ambassadors, negotiate, etc. Just because Obama is raking up frequent flier miles doesnt mean he should be removed from office ASAP...

I will let the voters judge for themselves the rest of the Pro's arguments of Obama, I will introduce evidence that he is not a bad president.

- 1 - Obama passed parts of the stimulus package to save millions of jobs in every US state to help teachers, police officers, fireman, etc keep their jobs rather than leaving states in the dark financially.
- 2 - Obama allowed the CIA to execute the mission to once and for all kill Osama Bin Laden, someone else may have prevented this operation from occurring or even compromised it...
- 3 - When Libya went insane Obama kept US troops out of the conflict and instead operated through NATO and the use of drone warfare to help take down one of the worst African dictators ever
- 4 - Barack Obama filed regulations in the removal of US troops from Iraq and brought about the end of the War in Iraq
- 5 - One of Barack Obama's first actions was to provide for a massive initiative to provide assistance to a ravaged Haiti, and did the same with Japan later
- 6 - Barack Obama also oversaw the rebirth of the US auto industry
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...
- 7 - If you look at US oil imports, you can see that Obama has oversee a long period in which the US has reduced its dependency on foreign oil...
- 8 - Under Obama the US has witness job growth in consecutive months
christinesochulak

Con

i still dont believe he is a good president. which yes is my opinion and along with half of the united states im sure of it. Obama makes his speeches and half the time they are lies. He tells these lies to promote issues that he thinks he can take care of and so called "make better" AKA Health Care. Maybe you havent been affected by the health care change? But i have been and again along with millions of others because of what he wants for his "brothers" im sure. which he stated on a youtube video. Obama is just a waste of time and is good at doing it. He has no idea how to focus on important things. His wife is to busy on the I Carly show too. They just waste time and effortt. An example of this would be nationalizing Healt Care Systems. Obama and his political group have spent no time on real emergencies like the emergence of a nuclear Iran. Or if you prefer the jobs and the economy. Its not all about the recession Obama adds to it. THe insane "jobs" bill was put out due to the angry public about Obama and the Democrats total clueless awarness to the issues going on in the real world and has and im sure will do nothing to breate new jobs.
imabench

Pro

"Obama makes his speeches and half the time they are lies"
Usually people offer proof to these claims to make their case....

"Maybe you havent been affected by the health care change? But i have been and again along with millions of others because of what he wants for his "brothers" im sure."
Oh I get it now...... Your racist

"They just waste time and effort"
Again, any proof? If you relying solely on the Icarly reference then is that your only reason hy you think Obama is a bad president?

"Obama and his political group have spent no time on real emergencies like the emergence of a nuclear Iran"
Clearly the Con hasnt read any of my points regarding Obama, let me re-post them and hope the Con sees them this time.

And for the record the US has been keeping an eye on Iran, only problem was that we kind of got caught.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com...

"THe insane "jobs" bill was put out due to the angry public about Obama and the Democrats total clueless awarness to the issues"
You dont even listen to yourself do you.... The Jobs bill was introduced by Obama but some Democrats wanted increased attention focused on the long time national debt that was not addressed in the bill. However it was the Republicans who shot down the bill completely...
http://www.nytimes.com...

Not only has the Pro completely ignored almost all of my arguments for why Obama is doing a good job as president, but the Pro is still sitting inside their warped and twisted sense of reality and is trying to blame everything on Obama and the Democrats that in reality is the fault of other people, many times Republicans. Pro has not even bothered to fact check her own arguments and has failed to give factual evidence of why "Obama needs to be removed ASAP"
christinesochulak

Con

lol listen you do make good points, but so do i. and your going to tell me that Obama didnt take health care away because he is giving it to everyone. but giving it to everyone that doesnt have a job because they cant get off there butt and get one is pathetic...... so in that case, my health care and my fathers health care is more expensive now because Obama feels the need that us people who do work our asses off our lives and have ood health care well now we have to pay into his "brothers" health care. listen im not racist but what he has been doing is not right and is not fair. my prescriptions are now 40 dollars instead of 20 and my copay is 50 instead of 15 now. who is this because? because of him....... you may like obama but i promise you he wont be president much longer.
imabench

Pro

Well its come down to this..... The healthcare argument.......... Rather than fight the Con's (lack of any factually supported) logic Ill just use facts regarding the healthcare bill that was passed.

Number 1) All Republicans and a few Democrats were against the Bill, but the Bill passed through both houses and soon became law
Number 2) There are currently 32 million uninsured Americans in the US, this bill was supposed to help some of these 32 million have better access to buying healthcare
Number 3) The estimated cost of healthcare costs in the US over the next 10 years is estimated at (40 Billion
Number 4) The Bill is predicted to lower that number by about 143 Billion
Number 5) The Bill outlaws private health insurance companies from denying coverage to people due to pre-existing conditions
Number 6) The Bill prohibits federal funds to be used for abortions
Number 7) Only 45% of the US population supported the Bill
Number 8) 46% of the US population was against it.

http://www.doughroller.net...

So the Obama Health Care Bill was not one of overwhelming popularity, and from the Con's arguments we can safely assume which side she is on.... But the debate is whether or not "Obama should be removed from office ASAP" and so far the Con has forfeited all of my points that favor Obama and is currently basing most of her opinion-based argument on her deal with his Healthcare plan. But is that enough to remove Obama from office right now?

Obama has helped the US economy recover, has oversaw progressive job growth here in the US for months now, kept the US out of heavy engagement in Libya, the stimulus bill has saved jobs, initiated the plan to kill Osama Bin Laden, has ended the war in Iraq, and has done other things I've mentioned twice in my previous points that the Con continues to ignore.

That is why I think Obama should not be removed from office ASAP, he has done quite a deal amount of good for the US in a difficult time and the only thing the Con has against Obama is his healthcare plan and nothing else (that makes the score Me - 10, Con - 1)

"i promise you he wont be president much longer."
Yeah right, seeing as how this is another unfactually based opinion by the con I offer her to find actual proof. Besides, whose going to beat him Romney?
http://www.gallup.com...

christinesochulak

Con

christinesochulak forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

I extend my argument that Obama has done enough good in office to not have to be "removed from office immediately"...
christinesochulak

Con

christinesochulak forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

vote pro :)
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
Note: Spelling and grammar was obvious. Con refused to use capitalization, frame her argument into coherent sections, and &ct. And, in addition, she offered no sources other than her personal experience, which in the realms of a debate, do not override the facts given by Pro.
Posted by Contra 5 years ago
Contra
I will accept this debate if you cut down the amount of rounds to 3. Three rounds leads to more interest among to voters, and also promotes more voter participation. So, send me a message if you do this. Thank you
Vote Placed by TUF 5 years ago
TUF
christinesochulakimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: via forfeits
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
christinesochulakimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: "lol listen you do make good points, but so do i." Unsubstantiated claims do not constitute as "good points" in a debate; Con forfeited, relied mainly on experience and personal opinion, and failed to refute Pro's claim. Only the healthcare argument (barely) supports Con's stance but the rest--especially in the area of diplomatics--override the favor to Pro's side. In other words, it's quite obvious who won this debate, and unfortunately--as much as I'd like to sympathize with Con--it's Pro.