Jesuslastsupper
Paulh

Is Prostitution Immoral?

Jesuslastsupper

Con

Prostitution is immoral and should not be legalized in the United States. Prostitution so often involves coercion. Far too often women are forced into prostitution because they are homeless, broke, or hungry. Prostitution is also exploitative. Most of the time prostitutes who are doing the actual work, receive just a small chunk of the profits from the pimp or madam. Also, prostitution is degrading to the woman. Prostitution is an attack on human dignity and should not be tolerated. For all of the above reasons, I argue that prostitution is immoral. I hope those damn liberals don"t have the ability to destroy this great country.
Paulh

Pro

I will graciously accept this topic. I, myself, happen to agree with you on this topic but I would like to attempt to try something interesting for my first debate on this site. I am conservative so do not try to insult me as liberal.

The claim you are making is that all prostitution is immoral. My claim will be that while modern, illegal prostitution my fall under that category, a regulated legal form of it may not be. Should the government choose to allow it but give certain restrictions, the women will not be forced into it in any way. The profits will be more evenly distributed. I will also address as to whether it can be viewed as immoral if it is a last resort, the only way for a woman to feed their family, or even just survive on their own. There exist several brothels where a safer, more fair form of prostitution is practiced. I will begin to cite these when the formal debate begins.

Should I have the time; I will also attempt to debate that, though it violates your moral beliefs, it may be valid in those of another, as immoral was not defined.
Jesuslastsupper

Con

I meant to write pro not against. Anyways, I think you have some nice points. 👍
Paulh

Pro

I fully understood so I say that we continue, only as if that mistake had not been made. Putting to full use the remaining three rounds, of course.
Jesuslastsupper

Con

Jesuslastsupper forfeited this round.
Paulh

Pro

not worth my time. forfeit
Jesuslastsupper

Con

Jesuslastsupper forfeited this round.
Paulh

Pro

Paulh forfeited this round.
Jesuslastsupper

Con

Jesuslastsupper forfeited this round.
Paulh

Pro

Paulh forfeited this round.