paulrassy
lulud099

Is Racism still prevalent in America Today?

paulrassy

Pro

I believe that racism is still an issue in America. Though it is not like the racism that dates back to the times of slavery and really societal-concerned, it is still an issue that exists and is thriving today. Though the government is not supporting the racist actions and movements that people are doing and the remarks that are made by the people. The government can't delete thoughts of opposition towards foreigners or slurs and name-calling to ones that look different than the people who were here first, or whatever the argument is. I would like to know who will oppose me on this argument.
lulud099

Con

Yes to some extent there is still racism visible within certain communities, however this does not relate to everyone as certain people/cultures are over racism and see each man no matter skin colour as one. America is the land of freedom and equality I strongly believe that your statement is judged on one side as you are blinded by the other half of America!
paulrassy

Pro

Even though the government doesn't support racism anymore, there is still racism alive in minds of the citizens, and last time I checked, the government doesn't have the ability to erase thoughts. Or maybe that's what they want me to think...
Anyway, look at Donald Sterling. He had a lot to lose, he's a famous guy, and he makes comments on blacks to publicity. That is a sign, that popular people will risk a lot of money and reputation to speak their mind.
lulud099

Con

lulud099 forfeited this round.
paulrassy

Pro

paulrassy forfeited this round.
lulud099

Con

lulud099 forfeited this round.
paulrassy

Pro

paulrassy forfeited this round.
lulud099

Con

My opponent has brought up very good ideas and unfortunately I cannot argue with them. It looks as if I am changing my side as my opponent does bring very good concepts. For example look at the Michael Brown case that is taking place in Ferguson; black lives matter and racism is still alive in some parts of the society

Congrats.
:)
paulrassy

Pro

paulrassy forfeited this round.
lulud099

Con

lulud099 forfeited this round.
Posted by zombie16 2 years ago
zombie16
ok well i don't see the Donald Sterling as racist i see it as dumb, he really didn't say much racist to me i mean we have a freedom of speech he didn't harass anyone just said what he thought. If i went and was saying "them dumb jews" or something like that, then that would be racist but what he said really wasn't.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
What was racist about what I said? I was just pointing out the main racism in this country is blacks on whites. And that is true. Blacks, the poverty pimp ones, like Sharpton , would go ballistic if there was a congressional white caucus.Quit blaming us for the actions that happened 150 years ago.Start taking responsibility for failures of blacks on themselves.And people like you are enabling their bad behavior.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne
You said that my pointing out that there may have been a slight racist tone in one of your posts was racist because you are Cherokee. What I'm asking is, how does that make sense? You being Cherokee has nothing to do with whether what you said could be construed as mildly racist or not.

Also, 'racism' is just a specific manifestation of what you call 'the spirit of division', is it not?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Undeniable........What did you mean by that.? I don't believe there is any such thing as racism.I call it the spirit of division. Man had taken almost any difference and have been divided over whether one is better than the other. And have used it to dominate the other. West against the east. North against the south, worker against management, male vs. female. Even age. I remember that the hippies would say , " do not trust anyone over 30." They are now over fifty, put on suits and ties and are now running education and government.That is why both are so corrupt.

People are different. Whites seem to want to explore other places, where blacks are more content staying in one place.Different is all. One not better than the other.If they get together in cooperation, you have mass innovation and increase. Apart in hate, you have Ferguson and Obama.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
Are you saying only caucasians can be racist?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
undeniably dumb... That was a racist statement, since I am Cherokee.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
Pro just needs to use cheyenne as an example =P
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Mike-10-4... Today we call them poverty pimps like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. The most racist group in America today is the congressional BLACK caucus. They are quick to blame all the problems blacks have on white America. When it is not us that forced them into welfare offices or fathers leaving the state to pay for their children.There was a young black kid that got beat up because he acted too white. It was not whites that beat him up, but other black kids.

And if they take in a steady diet of gangsta rap, then is it any wonder so many of them end up in prison. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
"Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles..."

How does one make a living doing this?
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
"There is (a) class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs -- partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. ..."

"There is a certain class of race problem-solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."

A quote by Booker T. Washington (1856-1915) African American political leader, educator and author. http://www.knowsouthernhistory.net...