jbrow123
rings48

Is Russia playing the U.S.

Started: 8/4/2014 Category: News

jbrow123

Con

I believe that the Obama administration is not handling the crisis in Ukraine and Israel well. Most believe that President Obama's passivity is hurting our relations with Israel and causing Putin to believe that he is invincible.
rings48

Pro

Since I am Pro "Russia is playing the US".

In contrast to your comments:
I do not think Obama is hurting our relations with Israel.
I think Obama has little to no options with Ukraine or ISrael.
Putin does not think he is invisible.
jbrow123

Con

jbrow123 forfeited this round.
rings48

Pro

Without my opponent I don't want to get too into a debate, but I would like to say a few things.

Putin is Ex-KGB, has less of a need to answer to the people on his actions, has greater flexibilty in his actions, and has been at the game of politics by far longer.

Obama has been president for 6 years and grew up in Chicago.

While Putin was being taught how to manipulate people and working in politics, Obama was a community worker....

Putin can play almost any president the US has to offer. I don't blame Obama for getting beaten.

Its like trying to get a 16 year kid to play basketball against Lebron. No matter how good the kid is, he will loss to Lebron in the simple notion of experience.
jbrow123

Con

jbrow123 forfeited this round.
rings48

Pro

rings48 forfeited this round.
jbrow123

Con

jbrow123 forfeited this round.
rings48

Pro

It goes on.....
jbrow123

Con

Sorry for the long wait. (AP classes). Well I believe Russia is playing America because Russia already knows that Americans in some form fear Communism. Even though Russia is a democracy, Putin unconstitutionally reelected himself. This move along with Ukraine shows us that he see's the West as weak. Since both goverments (U.S. and Russia) have nuclear weapons, both sides have been in a long stalemate. This is good for Putin because he knows that America does not want to be the aggressor. If we had a stronger congress and President, Russia would not even be in Ukraine.
rings48

Pro

rings48 forfeited this round.
Posted by rings48 3 years ago
rings48
Yes I think Russia is playing the US. So would I be Pro in that argument?
Posted by gt4o2007 3 years ago
gt4o2007
Also could you clarify what steps you think should be taken. Less as in no sanctions or more as in military fought battles.
Posted by BaruchSpinoza 3 years ago
BaruchSpinoza
Could you clarify what you mean by "playing"? This remains very vague and would be hard to debate unless cleared up.