brainiac444
TeddyKyle

Is Saving the Environment Worth it?

brainiac444

Pro

I think that saving the environment is worth it because Earth is a beautiful place and we shouldn't kill the place that has given us a home. I don't want to live in a world full of disease, filth, and radiation. I want to have a natural life. I want to save. I want our world to prosper in all ways. We should create the paradise we never had and in the direction we are going in do you think that is possible? "If we do not change our direction we're likely to end up where we're headed." If that Chinese proverb was hinting at our condition on earth then we are in serious trouble. Help the world, it won't hurt.
TeddyKyle

Con

I accept my opponent's challenge in good faith.

First off, my opponent states that he would like to save the environment because it is worth it but he does not provide any specifics about doing so. How and in what way does he intend to save the environment? How does he define "saving the environment" "the paradise we never had"? Is not enough done now?

Thank you and I look forward to having a great debate with you!
brainiac444

Pro

brainiac444 forfeited this round.
TeddyKyle

Con

Unfortunately my opponent has forfeited the round which thus left the debate hanging.
brainiac444

Pro

I would like to apologize to my opponent as I was away but to respond to Cons arguments. I would like to say that how we save the environment is our choice. It has to happen. I can give ideas on how we can save our environment but I will that make a difference? There are so many people all around the world trying to build and reshape our world but most of the world percentage is still not helping! How can I say or give ways on how we can save our planet if nobody will listen. We must as a planet learn to see are problems and then make a change. Some people are already declaring that saving the environment is a lost cause probably causing people to not care as much knowing there's nothing they can do? You Con, do you think that saving the environment can't happen? Do you want us to all end up living in the oncoming filth? If we were doing good then there would have been a difference by now. We all need to do something and it won't happen by sitting around writing debates. Please listen to those people to those people around you who are doing what they can in their own way to help the planet. Follow their example and increase the world's awareness. I again apologize for not being there in round 2. I hope you understand my message I am trying to convey.
TeddyKyle

Con

Since this is the last round, I will not dwell too deep into this debate. My opponent did not define the term "saving the environment" in a well manner, so I will provide the definition.

Environment - the aggregate of surrounding things, conditions, or influences; surroundings; milieu.

Also, my opponenent seems to be confused about the objective of this debate. He needs to argue whether saving the environment is "worth it" or not (the extra effort, money and time), but he seems to be advising everyone to save the environment instead of proving his point. His burden of proof is confusing and not related to this debate. Moving on, what's wrong with the status quo of the environment right now? Why should we spend extra money and effort to "make things better" around us? Most of us have a comfortable home, a lovely garden, a high-speed broadband connection and so on. What needs to be improved in our environment? Nothing much! Should we spend extra money and manpower to make our surroundings a better place when it already is? Thus the question, "is it worth it?"

If the influence of the surroundings doesn't seem to suit you, you could always walk away or do something else. For example, if you think that a TV show being aired right now is profane and vulgar, you could always change the channel, or simply walk away. Do we need to spend more money and infringe on civil rights to stop shows like this from being aired to "improve our environment"? I certainly do not think so. If your surroundings does not seem to please you (messy, dirty, "the paradise we never had"), you could simply fix it yourself by rearranging things to suit your taste , cleaning, etc. You would not need a whole legion of people to help you save the environment. It is just such a simple concept. I have made my points concise and clear to why saving the environment "isn't worth it" or more clearly, "isn't worth the extra effort". May the best debater win!
Posted by TeddyKyle 6 years ago
TeddyKyle
One week :\ Thanks for your effort though :]
Posted by BennyW 6 years ago
BennyW
I wish I could have had a chance to vote on this. What did you set the lenght of time given to vote? It seems extremely short.
Posted by brainiac444 6 years ago
brainiac444
Why doesn't anybody vote?
Posted by TeddyKyle 6 years ago
TeddyKyle
Yeah I'm still here.
Posted by brainiac444 6 years ago
brainiac444
TeddyKyle have you quit this debate just because I wasn't there for round 2?
Posted by brainiac444 6 years ago
brainiac444
Cant wait to start the votes LOL!!!!!!!
Posted by brainiac444 6 years ago
brainiac444
I am like so, so, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry TeddyKyle for not being there for round two. Was out yesterday with some people and completly forgot. I cannot say how sorry I am.