Is Sinless Perfectionism possible (For Christians)?

JesusIsGodForever has forfeited round #2.

This debate is for Christians. Round 1: Should be opening statements, Round 2: Is the rebuttal and Round 3: Is the closing statements.

So as we look throughout the scriptures we see that even people like David and Abraham sinned. We see that David was "a man after Gods heart" but we still see David sinning we Bathsheba. Sadly we are all born into this sinful nature, Jesus gives us a new nature but we struggle with sin everyday. The reason Jesus died is because we couldn't be perfect.

In Gods word we see that only God is good. And according to 1 Jn 1:8 if we say we are without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. Many sinless perfectionist deny this scripture. In 2 Timothy 3:16 it says that all scripture is inspired by God. Ultimately at the end of the day, it is God's word that is the ultimate authority.

Grace and Peace to all of Gods saints through the Lord Jesus Christ.

References -

You might want to read -

It is completely possible to stop sinning. I don't know what you mean by "sinless perfectionism" though. If I can give even 1 example of someone ending their sins then you are wrong and lose by default.
Posted by Emmarie 1 month ago
I agree with you @TheBenC. I hope you continue to follow my recent debate :)
Posted by Huron0 2 months ago
No it is not possible because this world is built on duality. Any Christian who doesn't see that is deluded. Even God in the Bible isn't sinless he mass murdered a whole lot of people.
Posted by JesusIsGodForever 2 months ago
Sorry I could not do this round, due to school assessments.
Posted by TheBenC 2 months ago
I don't remember anything about Mary being sinless. She was pregnant and living with a guy who was not her husband..
Posted by canis 2 months ago
My daughters do not always do as I want. It makes them perfect...Have they sined ? probably...That makes them just as human as I want them to be..
I agree, at least I agree with my limited knowledge.
Posted by hanson.aaron 2 months ago
If you agree to these definitions, I'm very interested in debating.
Possible: Something that is logically able to be done.
Impossible: A purported state of affairs or fact that violates the laws of logic
Does scripture ever say that Mary was "sinless", like to see a answer.
The word for perfect in the Bible means mature or fully grown.
Posted by JimShady 2 months ago
I'm interested in debating you. Only thing is I'd only be arguing for one Christian: Mary. She is a Christian who's soul was never tainted for sin. Everyone else is screwed.

I could see you considering her an exception, so I'll leave it open for someone who wants to debate about an ordinary Christian. But if you are interested in debating about Mary's perfectionism, let me know.