Akihabara
Canadianize

Is Smite better than League of Legends?

Started: 11/5/2015 Category: Games

Akihabara

Pro

Starting off with graphics I want to know why spend so much money to buy skins that you only see the head of? The skins in League of Legends are pity when compared to the ones in Smite when it comes to details and the graphics are just plain horrific. The one thing that ruins League of Legends as a MOBA is the fact that you can buy power. I don't care if you don't think that runes give that much power in actual gameplay but if it's a MOBA then winning should come down to personal skill and not because you have max runes and the other person doesn't.
Canadianize

Con

Rebuttal to Graphics: The main problem with comparing these two games solely on textures is moot. League of Legends has to register more textures on screen at one time, meaning that the textures will be of lower quality. However, with skins, more than just the head is visible, league of legends uses an isometric view, not a true top down view, so you actually see most of your characters model at all times. One thing I found that League had for it in the art department, was its style: LoL has a distinct and memorable art style where as Smite honestly looks like modified Unity engine base textures, not of low quality; just not anything special. In LoL you can purchase runes with real money, however, many of these runes are obtainable using in game currency, meaning that this system does not truly promote unfair playing fields, but simply allows those with less patience to gain runes faster. League of Legends is heavily focused on both team and individual skill, enticing players to play with their friends who they can strategize with on a personal level. But with Smite on the other hand, the only reason you'd get your friends to play is because you're tired of the gruesome wait times and are sick of bots. League promotes a better, more community based experience than Smite, and that is one of the reasons why it is better.
Akihabara

Pro

The fact that you said that League of Legends has a better community then Smite does truly makes me want to laugh. The simple way to put it is that League players do not have the patiences of working with a newer player. One very distinct memory that I had while playing League was the worst experience in my life. I was going duo lane as adc and at the time I was not the best player in the world but I was trying to learn and improve on my skills; however another player on my team was very toxic every time that I died saying words that I would never say to a stranger. Keep in mind that we won that game and my score was 3 kills, 7 deaths and 5 assists. Even though I tried my hardest to ask for help my team kept harassing me for being a noob at the game. As you keep reading I should make a note that this has happened more then once to me. In Smite; however, I have never experienced this even once. For sure there are people like DmBrandon who are going to rage at everything some else does wrong but you can't say that League doesn't have toxic players. I am fully aware that this might not be true but my personally experience does not really show the "good" side to League players. Another point that Smite's in-game features beat League in is the VGS(If you do not know what this is you would be better off going in game and seeing it yourself). This VGS system makes the callouts in the game very easier to understand and there are commands that League does not have. Yeah sure you can ping out M.I.A.s or ganks but you can't tell someone "You Rock" or "That's Too Bad" in League. Plus the voice packs in the skins of Smite adds characteristic and flavor to the game instead of the boring and plain voice. Now I know that the Voice Packs can be expensive but you are not required to buy them and there are so many events that smite has yearly that gives their players free skins and gems for just playing. Lastly I know you are going to address the fact that people can spam the VGS so I'm going to include the fact that if you do spam a ping or a voice command you receive a 10 second cool down and if that doesn't work there is always the mute button.
Canadianize

Con

Canadianize forfeited this round.
Akihabara

Pro

Akihabara forfeited this round.
Canadianize

Con

Canadianize forfeited this round.