Castile
jays_slayer

Is Socialism better than Capitalism

jays_slayer has forfeited round #3.

Castile

Pro

During the course of the modern age, a Democratic-Socialist country has historical trends that lead to a better and happier life for a country & it's citizens
jays_slayer

Con

If you have an open mind, a good grasp on human nature and economics, and a passing knowledge of world history, there's absolutely no question that capitalism is superior to socialism. Unfortunately, this lesson has been lost on a lot of people because our school systems have become so inferior. There are no pure capitalist and socialist systems, and there are a lot of people who promote socialism for reasons that have nothing to do with economics.
Castile

Pro

I'm going to forfeit this argument, because I'm actually what people would call a Social Democrat, or even a very Liberal Democrat. I messed up my terminology, as I would never argue for what actual "socialism" is, as like you said, it caused for low economic growth. But, I feel that this article better suits my position. Sorry for screwing this up.
http://www.theatlantic.com...
jays_slayer

Con

fair enough. No worries that happen
Posted by jays_slayer 11 months ago
jays_slayer
socialism is also an economical theory. Capitalism and socialism are somewhat opposing schools of thought in economics
Posted by CookieSprinklez 11 months ago
CookieSprinklez
Have fun with your debate, but Socialism isn't the polar opposite to capitalism. Socialism is a political system, capitalism is a way to make money. More like Syndicalism vs Capitalism. Not your fault, common misconception.
Posted by usawinseverytime 11 months ago
usawinseverytime
Ahh the great Nordic socialist myth. Easily can be debunked