Castile
jays_slayer

Is Socialism better than Capitalism

jays_slayer has forfeited round #3.

Castile

Pro

During the course of the modern age, a Democratic-Socialist country has historical trends that lead to a better and happier life for a country & it's citizens
jays_slayer

Con

If you have an open mind, a good grasp on human nature and economics, and a passing knowledge of world history, there's absolutely no question that capitalism is superior to socialism. Unfortunately, this lesson has been lost on a lot of people because our school systems have become so inferior. There are no pure capitalist and socialist systems, and there are a lot of people who promote socialism for reasons that have nothing to do with economics.
Castile

Pro

I'm going to forfeit this argument, because I'm actually what people would call a Social Democrat, or even a very Liberal Democrat. I messed up my terminology, as I would never argue for what actual "socialism" is, as like you said, it caused for low economic growth. But, I feel that this article better suits my position. Sorry for screwing this up.
http://www.theatlantic.com...
jays_slayer

Con

fair enough. No worries that happen
Posted by jays_slayer 2 months ago
jays_slayer
socialism is also an economical theory. Capitalism and socialism are somewhat opposing schools of thought in economics
Posted by CookieSprinklez 2 months ago
CookieSprinklez
Have fun with your debate, but Socialism isn't the polar opposite to capitalism. Socialism is a political system, capitalism is a way to make money. More like Syndicalism vs Capitalism. Not your fault, common misconception.
Posted by usawinseverytime 3 months ago
usawinseverytime
Ahh the great Nordic socialist myth. Easily can be debunked