Wahmenrespector
LibertineStates

Is Socialism the answer to Americas problems

Wahmenrespector

Con

No stealing from the rich to elevate the poor isn't the answer, it is a complete mockery of freedom and takes away from those more fortunate and gives money to the poor in exchange for taking the country over.
LibertineStates

Pro

I have accepted your argument.

Now, I want to clarify my position on this debate: I am NOT advocating a complete Socialist revisioning of America: You won't see concepts such as advertising and private ownership of land disappear off the face of the Earth. I am of the opinion that Socialism still has a place beside Capitalism in this country, and I firmly believe that there is no freedom to be 'made a complete mockery of' in using this system.
Wahmenrespector

Con

I was referring to socialism as in communism and social healthcare and education and with race, high corporate taxes that have never been proven to work and there is evidence to the contrary. I'm not saying it shouldn't be implemented I'm saying it should be cut back.
LibertineStates

Pro

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com...[/IMG]
Take a look at this World Happiness Report on Wikipedia. Motice how most of the countries here have some form of strong socialist polices like universal healthcare and free college education. Of those countries, Norway just happens to have around a 7% budget surplus and a $74,930 Nominal GDP per capita income. Finland is also preparing to test a new universal income system. Maybe Socialism isn't the nightmare people make it out to be?
Wahmenrespector

Con

America pays countries devastated by ww2 loads of money since the 50s, that is how they can afford it. america could never afford it since we have 300 million people and the Scandinavian countries are declining like most of Europe, and is bad as most of Europe for socialist ideas in a myriad of different things. healthcare can take an enormous amount of time and effort and makes a huge deficit, free college would be a disaster and violation of the constitution and could lead to possible tyranny from the government taking over institutions that should not be government funded or run . It creates social justice and blm which is being used by many to lower the ability to respond to being called racist, insensitive and giving people who are black cultural power and lowering people who are white making it socially acceptable to insult and send death threats to people in office just because they have bad pr and unusual policy's (mostly bad in my opinion) that they couldn't comprehend anyone disagreeing with them. Socialism should be cut back not increased. A huge portion off independents and democrats consider themselves socialist, and 40% of people in america prefer socialism over capitalism even though social systems have been proven to work less well, because it turns out when you force things on people they aren't to happy or work to well with it as if they chose to.
LibertineStates

Pro

Not nearly as much as the 50's though. Also you are expecting the impossible out of a nation's economy when it comes to Europe. Economies always have their booms and busts, Capitalist and Socialist, So I always find that arguing against a nation's economy for busting is like chastising the Micronesian national soccer team for not having a perfect all-time record. the universal healthcare idea isn't that absurd, as India (a nation of over 1 billion people) have tried it and it works. As for the disciplinary records, wasn't there Trump supporters who peed on a floor in a bar to make a political statement against 'libtards'? Every political faction has its crazies. I personally don't agree with BLM/race baiters/offended idiots but I certainly don't agree with people with a God Emperor.
Wahmenrespector

Con

The question is is socialism the answer to Americas problems, economy is going to be apart of it and that's why it wouldn't work in america with actual quality healthcare. in nations with socialized health care the health care has less quality, takes longer, and if government tyranny occurs they will control who gets it and who doesn't. Every political party does have it's crazies, but the whole idea of the political party is crazy, and those who are apart of it are normally even more crazy. The socialist movement in the us is why trump got elected, it turns out when you call people racist, sexist, bigoted when they are in your own political party they feel rejected, like they don't belong because they feel shitty, people will vote in direct opposition to what they once called there own party. The reason i became as against socialism as i am is by social justice and being rejected by my own party.
LibertineStates

Pro

I don't understand where you got the idea that I support a political party, and no one in this particular debate is accusing people of being racist/sexist/bigoted so you're basically talking to thin air on that homefront. No political system is perfect, and as a side note, the wellbeing of the people should always come before the economy, otherwise, why should the people contribute to the economy? Also if you're talking about wait times, wait times are just as long if not longer in non-socialized countries. Would you rather have a rich person get all the quality healthcare, or everyone get the same healthcare? Our system wastes healthcare on those who offer more money, which is downright stupid. And as for government tyranny, it seems as if you think tyranny can only come from one source, that corporations are infallible and can do no wrong while only the government can be this big, corrupt entity. Corruption is everywhere, from the chocolate that you eat (http://www.corpwatch.org...), to Italian soccer (https://en.wikipedia.org..., https://en.wikipedia.org..., more Italian soccer scandals can be found on Wikipedia, but apparently I can't link to them because of anti-spam measures)
Wahmenrespector

Con

The words " it turns out when you call people racist, sexist, bigoted when they are in your own political party they feel rejected like they don't belong because they feel shitty, people will vote in direct opposition to what they once called their own party" was not directed at you it was directed at the socialist movement, not you, that was an argument against socialism as in the term social justice, and socialism in politics. I would rather have Health Care be a good rather than a right because health care cannot be given to all in America. We can't support people laying around and do nothing, we have to think of practicality, not taking millions of jobs and forcibly taking over multiple businesses (which by the way is completely illegal) and could to easily lead to government tyranny. The economy has a tight connection to the wellbeing of the people, they are very very much so linked. I am fine with charity funding healthcare for all but I am not fine with the government stepping in and forcing it down everyone's throat and destroying many businesses that don't need to be destroyed for something that isn't and shouldn't be a right, because of less quality care, longer care (if you can provide evidence to the contrary I will say otherwise) Tyranny comes from the government, there is no time where America's corporations could turn tyrannical, because the government would smack it down into the abyss like it does with all modern first world countries because they're all socalist's who put huge taxes and restrictions on buisneses.
LibertineStates

Pro

"We can't support people laying around and do nothing"
I make an argument for Universal Health Care and you resort to making judgements of people you've never met in your life. I see how it is, though I'm not really surprised.

"we have to think of practicality, not taking millions of jobs and forcibly taking over multiple businesses (which by the way is completely illegal) and could to easily lead to government tyranny."
So your definition of 'government tyranny' amounts to: 'They have a system I don't like, therefore government tyranny'?

"Tyranny comes from the government, there is no time where America's corporations could turn tyrannical, because the government would smack it down into the abyss like it does with all modern first world countries because they're all socalist's who put huge taxes and restrictions on buisneses."
America's corporations have already turned tyrannical. The Head of the FCC is a former Verizon CEO. The president is closely linked with Trump Towers. Most of his cabinet appointments are Wall Street cronies. If you don't think America is a corporate tyranny, then you're not paying attention.

Posted by DontArgueWithMe3333 5 months ago
DontArgueWithMe3333
America is already a Socialist country.
Posted by Arclite 5 months ago
Arclite
Taxation is not an exclusive component of socialism, nor is it one of capitalism, or any other form of socioeconomic system in use around the world. The various departments of the federal government that are funded via internal revenue that you [@missmedic] listed off are not evidence of a socialist system. I do concede that America has some social programs and laws, but on the whole, we are still far off from being considered a socialist system. To say such is comparable to saying all governments with a democratic element are a republic, or that all countries with a strong centralized government are fascist.

- Arclite <3
Posted by ZephyrDenali 5 months ago
ZephyrDenali
A lot of the things mentioned in the first comment don"t work nearly as well, the founders said that a small central government is necessary to protect the nation, not a socialist tumor.
Posted by missmedic 5 months ago
missmedic
Well I hate to be the one to tell you, but Socialism, which you have been told to fear all your life, is responsible for all this...
The Military/Defense, Highways/Roads, Public Libraries, Police 5. Fire Dept., Postal Service, Student Loans and Grants, Bridges, Garbage Collection, Public Landfills, War, Farm Subsidies, CIA , FBI, Congressional Health Care, Polio Vaccine, EPA, Social Security, Museums, Public Schools, Jail/Prison System, Corporate/Business Subsidies, Veteran's (VA) Health Care, Public Parks, All Elected Government Officials, Food Stamps, Sewer System, Medicare, Court System, Bird Flu Vaccine, G.I. Bill, Hoover Dam, State/City Zoos, IRS, Free Lunch Program, The Pentagon, Medicaid, FDA, Health Care for 9/11 Rescue Workers, Disability Insurance (SSDI0, Town/State Run Beaches, Corporate Bailouts/Welfare, State Construction, Unemployment Insurance, City/Metro Buses, State Snow Removal, PBS, CDC, Welfare, FEMA, Public Defenders, The Department of Homeland Security, OSHA, State and National Monuments, USDA, Government Scholarships, Department of Health and Human Service, Census Bureau, Department of Energy, Customs and Border Protection, Department of Education, Secret Service, Peace Corps, DOJ, National Weather Service, The White House, Laws, Civilization - As an American citizen, you enjoy freedoms that many in other countries do not. Like anything else in this world, our government is not perfect, but you should be thankful everyday that your country has a government that feels an obligation to serve the people and protect their rights and freedoms. This is completely possible because of government, taxes, and socialism. Do you think the private sector would do a better job of governing our country? Do you think corporations would enact laws to help protect and serve you and your family or them and their profits?