Shamoo2
Mharman

Is Super bowl XLIX the best superbowl of all time?

Mharman has forfeited round #3.
Started: 9/8/2017 Category: Sports
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Shamoo2

Pro

Hello folks, it is the time again where football season has returned. So I have decided to create a little fun debate.
Rules:
1. Round 1 is acceptance only (Arguments are for other rounds.)
2. No foul language.
3. No forfeits (Automatic loss)
4. Have fun
Who dares accepts my challenge???
Mharman

Con

Here we go.
Shamoo2

Pro

Okay, go ahead and name any Super bowl you want, but Super bowl XLIX is the best Super bowl of all time. Yes of course, Super bowl LI was great as well, but I am considering Super bowl XLIX the greatest is because of how evenly matched the game was. The Number 1 defense vs Brady and crew, one of the best match ups in a Super bowl. Defending Super bowl champions vs Greatest Dynasty of all time. A crazy game with a bunch of lead changes and had one of the most spectacular ending ever. (Being a hawk"s fan like me, it wasn"t the greatest feeling ever) It all together was the best Super bowl anyone had ever seen. Yes, I know Superbowl XLII was great with the Helmet catch, and Super Bowl LI had an amazing ending as well. I have a question for my opponent. If you don"t think Super Bowl XLIX is the greatest of all time, then which Super bowl was the greatest of all time?
Mharman

Con

I have come up with 3 Super Bowls that could challenge XLIX.

SUPER BOWL XXXIX
This game as pretty close throughout, the Patriots emerged as the victors after a field goal in the last few seconds by Adam Vinatieri.

SUPER BOWL XLII
This Super Bowl had a great helmet catch for a close upset.

SUPER BOWL LI
The only Super Bowl to ever reach OT. Huge comeback win by the Patriots.
Shamoo2

Pro

All 3 of those Super bowl were very great, but they were missing something. They were missing a legendary match up. Super bowl XLIX had Tom Brady against the best defense of the last 2 years. The defending Super bowl Champions against the Greatest Dynasty. What could have been a greater match up than that? Sure, Super bowl XLVIII had a legendary match up, the best offense of all time vs the best defense of the NFL, but it failed to be the best due to the blow out score. Super bowl LI was great, but it didn't live up to its full hype. Yes, it was a good Super bowl, but It wasn't exciting until the 4th quarter.

So please, convince me why the Super bowls you chose are better than XLIX.
Posted by Shamoo2 12 months ago
Shamoo2
I would love too, I'll set it up
Posted by Shamoo2 12 months ago
Shamoo2
I would love too, I'll set it up
Posted by Nd2400 12 months ago
Nd2400
Yea, you did won that battled. But let me issue you a real challenge, for the same debate, with a guy who will not forfeited. I was supposed to be the one who you face you, not the other guy. You send me out the challenge, with a 3 round debate. I will gladly accept.
Posted by Shamoo2 1 year ago
Shamoo2
Yep, but I know that I won so that is all that matters
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
LoL of course, but the other bad thing on this site, is a forfeited should be counted as a win in your profile. But instead it doesn't show. so that's sucks.
Posted by Shamoo2 1 year ago
Shamoo2
of course this website copied my comment 3 times, ugh...
Posted by Shamoo2 1 year ago
Shamoo2
I'll take the free win anyday
Posted by Shamoo2 1 year ago
Shamoo2
I'll take the free win anyday
Posted by Shamoo2 1 year ago
Shamoo2
I'll take the free win anyday
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
I know for a fact i would not have forfeited. So i guess you only needed 3 rounds anyways. LOL