Mattthefat
DawsonBruno

Is T.V. and music negative or inappropriate influence

Mattthefat

Con

I think it's based on what their parents choose as inappropriate.
DawsonBruno

Pro

I believe that for children under the age of 12, watching TV could depreciate their intelligence. Music, however, I think helps focus and stay on track. I listen to music when doing homework and other assignments. It calms and relaxes me.
Mattthefat

Con

Not everything can be solved with peace. There are a lot of terrible people out there and unless you say no T.V at all then there is no way you'll be able to stop it. The entire middle east is ravaged with violence and destruction and all they do is show it on all the major news networks. 30 years ago if you wanted to shield you children from T.V violence you shut it off and went outside. Now you shut it off they go to their rooms and play Call of Duty. It does nothing but show how sheltered they want to make everyone. But they know the can't fully shelter you so instead of watching ISIS videos on the news they will go play GTA and COD.
DawsonBruno

Pro

Kids take in everything. If they play listen to rap and watch bad shows or movies, they will think of that as a way of life. Limiting game time or TV time will help very much. Also, all TV content and gaming should be monitored.
Mattthefat

Con

To many children are trying to be shielded by parents. So if a child plays racing games form 10-15 then when he finally plays a FPS game like COD or GTA then he realises what he was missing out on and only wants it more. Plus I'm an American so if someone tells me Ii can't have I only want it more.
DawsonBruno

Pro

DawsonBruno forfeited this round.
Posted by Mattthefat 2 years ago
Mattthefat
I play GTA and Battlefield but at the same time i was raised right so instead of getting ideas rom FPS games i go to church every sunday. If a parent lets their child play COD at 12 and don't tell them anything about how it's not real then a child will go grow up thinking he can do that in real life.
Posted by DawsonBruno 2 years ago
DawsonBruno
It is not possible for any parent to 100% shield their children of anything. Anything and everything is accessible from anywhere. Even schools.
Posted by Mattthefat 2 years ago
Mattthefat
You can't hide violence, drugs, and anything else that is inappropriate. A child that is 5 shouldn't be watching rap videos. But if violence on T.V is so bad then why do they have on all the time on CNN. The world is full of violence and you can't keep them from it forever.