pro730
MUSA

Is Technology Ruining People's Lives?

Started: 4/2/2014 Category: Technology

pro730

Con

Hello everybody, I believe that technology is not ruining anyone's lives, as it has instead made peoples lives much easier. Now, we can talk with people on phones thousands of miles away. We can even travel in airplanes, where in the olden days, we had to ride a horse. I am very happy to debate with whoever is against this.
MUSA

Pro

You plainly stated above. Hello everybody, I believe that technology is not ruining anyone's lives, as it has instead made peoples lives much easier. end quote. Define what you mean when in one sentence you talk about (Not Ruining anyone's Lives) then next sentence you say( it makes peoples lives easier) ? Not Ruining lives HMMM? With the ability for corporations to not have to hire laborers, and ship good jobs (ruin lives) overseas. The generation before us were hippies. The taught Love, and Peace. They should have been protesting the loss of jobs, but because of the war, the ones who had the guts to do anything about it, were fighting in Vietnam. Only the recent immigrants care about the long distant phone plans. Yes, technology makes life easier at the corporate level. If you have a sedentary lifestyle and sit on your butt all day at work holding a pen or mouse, and not being able to exercise . Then go home and go to bed because you are tired from just mental thinking all day. You could get Heart Disease , Diabetes, Obesity, bunch of bad things. I know because I have been there done that. Did I know this was coming ? No I didn't. You see, we are having a health crisis right now. It's only going to get worse with more technologies. Physical work is needed to keep the body healthy, period. Technology takes that ability away. Lazy , and Greedy people love technologies. This is what needs taught in the schools.
pro730

Con

pro730 forfeited this round.
MUSA

Pro

MUSA forfeited this round.
pro730

Con

pro730 forfeited this round.
MUSA

Pro

I think I made my point and view obvious already. Capitalism is Chaos, and Chaos is a ladder. Money is the root of all evil and Capitalism keeps it all going.
pro730

Con

pro730 forfeited this round.
MUSA

Pro

MUSA forfeited this round.