BeastBoyFanGirl
Theawesome67

Is Teen Titans Go a good replacement for the Teen Titans show?

BeastBoyFanGirl

Con

Since the original anime Teen Titans was such an amazing show, I had high expectations for this new show. However, the first episode I watched drove my hopes into the ground. I literally made a list of what was wrong with the show. Terra was never that evil: she genuinely loved Beast Boy. Raven is crushing on Beast Boy. Robin has a totally new personality. Please, bring back the original show.
Theawesome67

Pro

Hi, in my opinion, teen titans go can be a great show if you do not have the original show in mind. However, as a teen titans fan, I don't really like the show.

Just saying it CAN be good for non-fans.
BeastBoyFanGirl

Con

BeastBoyFanGirl forfeited this round.
Theawesome67

Pro

Theawesome67 forfeited this round.
BeastBoyFanGirl

Con

Teen Titans was an amazing show. However, because the show was canceled awhile ago, the children of today have never experienced the joy of watching Teen Titans. They, if at all, were introduced to Teen Titans Go, having not realized that there is a different, more intense show out there. My younger brother used to watch Teen Titans Go, but after showing him Trouble in Tokyo (The Teen Titans finale and movie [sob]), he realized that there is more drama in the original series. Now he too prefers Teen Titans compared to Teen Titans Go.
Theawesome67

Pro

Theawesome67 forfeited this round.
BeastBoyFanGirl

Con

Teen Titans is a show FILLED with drama, love, and literature. In one episode, Trigon invaded Raven's mind. Since this episode revolved mainly around Raven, the creators of the episode decided to call it Nevermore, after Edgar Allen Poe's poem about a raven that speaks. There are many cases in the series where Robin and Starfire share romantic moments, such as in the episode Berothed, where Robin gets extremely jealous when he hears that Starfire is getting married. At the end of the episode, Starfire says, "I shall choose my own husband. Who is to know? Perhaps there is a groom for me on earth." She then walks with Robin, hand in hand, an obvious foreshadow of the future. On top of this, there are intense moments, like when Terra, Beast Boy's girlfriend, sacrifices her life to stop Slade in the episode Aftershock Part 2. If this doesn't satisfy you, courtrp, then I don't know what will.
Theawesome67

Pro

Theawesome67 forfeited this round.
BeastBoyFanGirl

Con

Teen Titans Go not only has a totally different view on the Teen Titans, but they also have removed many characters from the original show. For example, Slade has not been brought up in the course of the show except in easter eggs (almost like the hidden Mickey's of the show), even though he is Robin's arch nemesis. Even though he is evil, he plays a major key role in the comics and show. The one time Teen Titans Go mentions Slade is in the comic Teen Titans Go when Starfire invites him to a party at the Titans Tower. Anyway, I hope this has changed your point of view about the show. Thank you to anyone who has contributed to this debate!
Theawesome67

Pro

Theawesome67 forfeited this round.
Posted by courtrp 2 years ago
courtrp
I am an avid fan of "Teen Titans Go!" so seeing your snide remarks of how it is a terrible show offends my culture (The Teen Titans fan club). Sure the creators have taken some creative liberty and sure raven is supposed to hate beast boy (NOT love him), BUT if you delve deeper in to the shows meaning, it speaks to the heart an ancient tale of love and despair (Enter shakespeare). If you have the capability of thought process (as all of us adults do) you would understand that "Teen Titans Go!" is a clever ploy, taking "Macbeth", "Romeo and Juliet" and other complex pieces of fine literature art. if you have read this far, i would like you (the reader of my fine comment) that I am NOT in any way tupperware, I am fine china.
Thank you for listening (Like an adult).
Posted by BeastBoyFanGirl 2 years ago
BeastBoyFanGirl
Teen Titans Go can be enjoyed by people who were not familiar with the show, but for most of us original Titan Lovers, we personally can compare the show and see the differences. To us, the show is just a screw-off of the original television series.
Posted by shaddamcorrinoIV 2 years ago
shaddamcorrinoIV
also, in the new show the titans are all total d*#ks to robin, wtf? where is this coming from?
Posted by shaddamcorrinoIV 2 years ago
shaddamcorrinoIV
dear beastboyfangirl I would like to debate this but what is your argument, are you saying teen titans go is not a good show or it is? your resolution is a little ambiguous.
Posted by SCOTSKNIGHT12 2 years ago
SCOTSKNIGHT12
I dislike the new teen titans i remember watching teen titans when i was a kid and that was one of my favorite shows
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more here. Utter disappointment.