federick
zohraalshifa

Is The Current Education System Prevailing In The US Makign Students Lazy And Indifferent?

federick

Pro

I have been assoaicted with the field of online educational consultancy for many years now. However, as I have seen the educational system evolve I see students getting increasingly indifferent and lethargic about their education.

Also, I believe that the advent of online education and the diversity of courses and online certificate programs has further played a pivotal role in worsening the student situation on an academic level.

For those who want to know more about me I am currently engaged and providing my services for http://www.westlanduniversity.com...
zohraalshifa

Con

Hello, I am Zohra, a professor at an online university in UAE. It is true that students are getting indifferent about their education, but the reason for that is not the evolving education system, rather some other factors. Kids these days are given too much freedom and they lose respect towards their parents. When I was a student, I always tried my hardest to get decent grades in all my subjects because I was slightly intimidated by my parents. Kids today dont have that as their parents fail to be strict towards them. Also lets not forget the debilitating effect of technological gadgets that today's generation has made free with. An average students backpack is filled not with books but with the latest in smartphones and tablets which let them watch movies, play games, and stay online all day long on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Students can easily spend the entire day in the mall, or the cinema or the gaming theatres but they are reluctant to spend one hour in front of their books. So when are they supposed to study, I ask you? Children these days should be made aware of their responsibilities and should be given freedom as long as it does not effect their studies!

For any information about online education, simply visit: http://www.dubaionlineuniversity.com...
federick

Pro

I think you just extended my notion to another level. if students are behaving indifferently towards their academics there has to be some reason for it, and you simply stated them. No doubt that electronic gadgets are a reason why laziness is increased, but even more than that it is their deteriorating attitude of getting dependent on others for things that they need to do.
zohraalshifa

Con

zohraalshifa forfeited this round.
federick

Pro

federick forfeited this round.
zohraalshifa

Con

zohraalshifa forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
federickzohraalshifaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Fail...