Richardsonalj
DeathCon5

Is The Saints Row Gaming Franchise Good Anymore?

Started: 8/21/2015 Category: Games

Richardsonalj

Con

As a player of four of the Saints Row Games, from SR2-SRGoH, I no longer find the Saints Row Series good anymore, no longer worth it with the newest installations.

I kindly challenge any gamer out there who feels the opposite way. I also hope this will be a fun debate for the both of us.
I would prefer a person who played SR3-SRGoH.
DeathCon5

Pro

i accept and hope to have lots of fun with this argument
Richardsonalj

Con

In the past, Saints Row was a video game that would represent Gang Culture with self awareness and controlled extremities; every character would fit in a crime story that reflects their own character. Its stories are of revenge and gaining control, not for the better good, but for oneself growth in power, even if the choices are hard and dubbed evil.

The game gave you the power to become something that not anyone can become, an insane and violent leader of a gang that defies other powers.

I accept things have changed, I accept that things get worse after time, I just don't have to like it.
With story in the recent games, it seems plain and rather random and badly written. In SR3 you rob a Syndicate's bank in Stilwater, then you get arrested. Immediately, the only connection to the previous game at this point are the lieutenants and the city. Then you are transported into a plane by the DeWynter sisters and meet the, for now, antagonist who starts it all. He offers a deal similar to Maero's in SR2, which is stupid, he could've just asked for payment for damages instead of angering Johnny and the Boss. (Has he heard how ruthless they were? They literally buried Akuji's son alive) Then Johnny fights and gets himself "Killed" which adds the revenge factor in the story. (We didn't even get a highly dramatic death that Carlos got honoured with...) The rest of the story line doesn't make that much sense further in. Like robbing the army base, that was completely unnecessary since the 3rd Street Saints in Stilwater would've had enough resources to take over Steelport.

I leave you to speak your mind now.
DeathCon5

Pro

I realize that yes Sr2 was awesome being different and compelling characters however besides obvious graphic change sr3 had to bring something to compete with recent games such as Gta and Mafia which were also about crime and unfourtanly saints row had to do something to compete and made world with differences and seemed to go with adding more comedy and lightheartedness with fun like wrestling against killbane and although not amazing SR is still a fun franchise with comedy and action that separated itself from its competitors so yes I think its good
Richardsonalj

Con

Richardsonalj forfeited this round.
DeathCon5

Pro

DeathCon5 forfeited this round.