Is Thiesm, Racism Same as Nationalism

Guys Becuase we can some some countries support only one religion and in those countries Atheist like me has no place. I cant give you example but there are many in the world. They Follow Nationalism in the name of thier Religion and they are Racist because they Dont support people of other Religion/Race.

This is an excellent topic and it is a privledge to discuss it with you.

I disagree that racism and theism are the exact same thing. I can conceede that one can play into another, but they are completely different subjects. What they both are is exclusionist and are both horrible things that do nothing but divide but they are not the same. I also am confident that what you are referring to is religious intolerance, as Theism simply describes one who belives in a god or gods.

Lets look at definition: According to Webster;
Theism(Religious Intolerance)-Religious intolerance, rather, is when a group (e.g., a society, religious group, non-religious group) specifically refuses to tolerate practices, persons or beliefs on religious grounds (i.e., intolerance in practice).

Racism- 1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2.belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

Nationalism-1.desire for political independence: the desire to achieve political independence, especially by a country under foreign control or by a people with a separate identity and culture but no state of their own
2.patriotism: proud loyalty and devotion to a nation
3.excessive devotion to nation: excessive or fanatical devotion to a nation and its interests, often associated with a belief that one country is superior to all others

We do see commonalities in these words- intolerant, superiority and animosity are seen in all three, so they are similar however I believe the evidence can show that these are not synonyms in every instance as my colleuge claims them to be.

So in short, I state that Nationlism and religious tolerance are not in EVERY case the same.

Yea I somewhat agree it isn't the same but in SOME cases I mean Countries (Not MOST) They make it same.
In this Debate I am referring Racism not as Color Crisis but I am referring to Cast Believing, Race Discrimination etc.
Do you know there are Places in the world where (Atheist) Tourist aren't Allowed only people of their Religion is allowed.
I hate this kind of Countries. I have also seen People running their Countries on the Name of their Religion, And Some patriotism don't allow us there and just Discriminate us , and also send us out of the Countries.
I was also referring Nationalism as Patriotism

In some Countries like (Middle east) is far by the worst country I have ever heard oft is because of the treatment to women and lack of social rights there is no place for Atheist there. I'm glad I born in a secular nation where I enjoy freedom of religion. But in my country there is Cast Racism

Some say aren't My point of views but I have Included them they are Copy Pasted

Some say : Middle east mostly comprises of Arabs. They are Muslims and most of the Muslims have more attachments to their religious views rather than their national view. I personally know many Indian Muslims considering Saudi Arabia better than India. Racism is different from this. some whites r racists .
Some also say : India is a caste based country. It has untouchables, Brahmin's, khastriyas and baishyas.In Bengali it is known as bornobad.In USA racism is there. They have colour crisis.

Now I am sayin that for Some cases are Is Theism, Racism Same as Nationalism

While I understand your point and definitely agree that no place should be off limits to anyone because of their beliefs I will point out that the resolution of this debate was "Is Theism, Racism Same as Nationalism" and my purpose in this debate is to show evidence that they are not. I gave a text analysis previously and will now propose a real world possibility
with logic statements

1. I can believe that all other religions are going to hell but accept everyone based on the color of their skin or the culture they came from.
2. I can believe that there is a superior race but accept any religion that race practices
3. I can have pride for my nation and not believe in God
4. Finally I can be a racist that believes the US is the greatest nation in the world and be an Atheist.

If any of the 4 are POSSIBLE, and they all are, then I have proven that they are not the same but can be coincidental or exclusive. Therefore your resolution is false, they are not the same in principle, only in context.

I await your reply friend

Sorry Friend, I didnt understood what you told in Last round.
But I would like to tell you that I might not Stick to my point and Can change the desicion for CON.

But I would to tell you that in some nationalist who are also thiest dosent allow my Black friends just because they are Black and not of thier religion. They didnt allow my another friend because he was an Atheist and hated religion.
and They are saying thier that thier Religion is thier religion and thier Govt is Supporting them.
These kinda of people I dont know why they even Exists.
They say they are Nationalist

It is sad and unfortunate that countries exist like this. Since you may change your position to Con, thus negating the current debate, I would liek to pose a question to finish out the debate. Its a question I have always had and I ask it with the deepest respect for your personal position and beliefs. If you are an Atheist and there is no God, why do things like this bother you? Isnt this just our normal animalistic behavior that is trying to ensure the survival of our particular race? (I am not asking to offend or bait, I am truly curious. To any readers, please comment your reasonings as well, I would greatly appreciate it.)

Thank You for your honesty and Candor, the floor is yours sir

I am bothered in such kind of things because I am Atheist and proud to do so...
Racism and religion are mental diseases just like nationalism. But it's the responsibility of atheists to erase these diseases from earth.
Might be I am wrong that Theism, Racism doesn't Promote Religion but I will try to erase this Diseases from Earth

First off it was a real honor getting to talk with you on these things

Its good to know you are bothered by the question of evil, as I am. Religion without faith can be misled but I don't believe it is a disease. I would caution the concept of saying you want to erase religion from the earth. Those you are saying are terrible people may want to erase atheism from the world. This makes you no better than the people you are calling out here. I have no desire as a Christian to wipe anyone off the earth. We have free will and I must respect your free will choice to not believe in God, and I do. All I ask is that you give the same courtesy. If we can do this we can leave the world a better place

Blessings to you in all your future endeavors!
Posted by ShubhamVerlekar 2 years ago
Thanks Yraelz
Posted by Silentsvc 2 years ago
reading it now, It looks bad. I do promise OtakuJordan that I had used spellcheck! I always write in Word first, but yes, I agree that good spelling is important to good debate
Posted by OtakuJordan 2 years ago
Silentsvc... please, please learn how to use spell check.
Posted by Yraelz 2 years ago
You should reword your resolution as an argument. For instance:

"Theism, in some countries, promotes nationalism and racism."

Doing so will greatly increase the quality of your debate.
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Good job to both debaters. However, Con showed that Theism and Racism are two different things. People who are theists and are racists are acting inconsistent with their worldview. I think Con did a great job of showing the distinction here.