Mikri
NiamC

Is This Video funny?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2HUeCKEWs

NiamC
Started: 9/29/2014 Category: Funny

Mikri

Pro

This Video was made by one of my friend as a joke. But he did receive a lot of criticisms.. I did find it funny and I think that it was indeed a good idea. What do you say?https://www.youtube.com...
NiamC

Con

Firstly, I think that this video was not funny or amusing... at all.
It was unrealistic- I understand that the video was meant to be a joke, but it just was too "cheesy". the music seemed to be too satyrical. I found that the "demons" were somewhat disturbing (pedo faces), hardly amusing.

I would also like to argue that a video being funny or not is based on subjectivity- there is no one right answer.
There you go, I having stated my OP. I look forward to my adversary's response
Mikri

Pro

Lol thank you for your suggestions :D i just needed an insight to why people did not find it funny!! I shall tell my friend about your expert comments! :D
NiamC

Con

Um... ok?
If I can make some suggestions, try not to go for the satyrical type of funny. There will always be haters out there. If the video was more professionally done and portrayed a more serious and scary tone, people might think better of the video.

I was hoping that you would talk about why you thought it was funny ....
Mikri

Pro

I guess it was the element of surprise :D... while sharing it to me he said that it was scary and so I did not even wish to see :D..somehow he compelled me to watch and I ended up laughing :D
NiamC

Con

Well in that scenario, you would have experienced an element of surprise given that you were told that it would be scary. But for me, I was not expecting any surprises apart from disappointment given that you stated in R1that it was joke. Therefore, I didnt find it interesting.
Anything else?
Mikri

Pro

I am at a loss of words..! :D...If possible pls do subscribe to the channel... I shall ask my friend to improvise on their next video! Thanks!!
NiamC

Con

okay... um... lol.
This wasn't even a debate- maybe you should have put this is one of the forums. I might sub, but will it benefit me much.
I look forward to watching any remakes of this video.

Moving on.

Btw, I just wanted to post this video, shameless advertising :p You should listen to it- if you like classical music shiz.
;
Mikri

Pro

Mikri forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

I like fish
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
yup
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lol, this really ain't a debate
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
The "funny guys" didnt appear straight away... it was like 20 seconds or something into the video.
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
well, you stated that the video was meant to be a joke, I saw this and willingly opened the link knowing what to expect- a poor attempt at humour.
Posted by Mikri 2 years ago
Mikri
Well, speaking for the topic my point is that the idea behind this is to surprise people expecting something scary. They open the link and boom they see the funny guys doin' their stupid moves :D I laughed for hours after i saw it :D
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
MikriNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not really sure why this happened. But the movie was not funny. Argument and conduct points to Con.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
MikriNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not... really a debate. It seemed like Pro was just asking for input. Con effectively showed that even the subjective reasons why it might be considered funny are off base, and Pro seemed to accept them. He did forfeit his last round, so conduct also goes to Con.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
MikriNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con, due to Pro forfeiting the final round. S&G - Tie, neither made any major spelling or grammatical errors. Arguments - Con. Pro completely failed to justify her position, and instead seemed to be looking for criticism/advise by the end of the debate. This isn't even close to Pro upholding her end of the resolution, but in fact, it's as if she conceeded the debate in Round 4. For these reasons, arguments go to Con. Sources - Tie. Neither really utilized sources throughout this debate. This was a clear win for Con.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
MikriNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession and forfeit