Africaded
hdmdc

Is Today's society to dependent on Technology?

Africaded

Pro

With all the advancements to our standard technology such as phones and transportation, we now have ridiculous inventions such as the exoskeleton. Personally I believe that we treasure our phones, cars, and many other electronics as if they were a second heart. We have become handicap to the creations of man.
hdmdc

Con

Today's society is not too dependent on technology because it is impossible for any society to be too dependent on technology. Every society from the beginning of time has strived to create new technology, incorporating that technology into the very fabric of their culture. From the ancient Persians and Egyptians to the empire of Rome to the Mayans and even the conquering Spanish, technology has served to elevate and move mankind forward, not hold him hostage. Society doesn't depend on technology because technology changes society. This new society becomes the norm and the technology considered merely a tool or catalyst for the evolution of that society. The technology has forever changed the society. It is impossible to be overly dependent on something that has become part of you because you could not exist without it.
Africaded

Pro

Africaded forfeited this round.
hdmdc

Con

To keep it fair and even, I'll skip this round. Hit me with your best shot.
Africaded

Pro

Back in the late 1800's to the early 1900's children and adults didn't rely on Television and computers and suck devices. We spent most of our time outside and with friends in person. If you look at the over all health of men and women today and then. We have a higher risk of dieing from unhealthily acts such as lack of physical and mental exercise. We spend so much time playing video games and on the computer and so on, that we deprive our bodies of its natural urge to be in commute with nature and its inhabitants.
Our bodies may seem perfectly fine with these dieting pills, also produced by technology, but we are killing ourselves. Overall from our daily living standards we have drastically shortened our life spand over the last 100 years. This is all to blame, in my opinion, on the creations we have made and the constant evolution of technology. If we take the time to brake the shackles that binds us to this constant struggle between ourselves and technology we might actually improve society's corrupted ways.
hdmdc

Con

I would agree that children today are, in general, less physically active than a hundred years ago or even thirty years ago. Before 24/7 cable and video games we did indeed have to go outside for social interaction and physical activity. But the blame for a lack of physical activity (and thus, increased obesity) among children does not fall upon technology, rather it is the fault of the parents. This is not to see parenting is an easy "occupation," for it is not. But if a child spends too much time in front of a television set or playing a video game, don't blame the technology for that unhealthy hait, blame the enabler: the parents.
Africaded

Pro

Africaded forfeited this round.
hdmdc

Con

hdmdc forfeited this round.
Africaded

Pro

Africaded forfeited this round.
hdmdc

Con

hdmdc forfeited this round.
Posted by Africaded 5 years ago
Africaded
its ok mr.o'raw
Posted by hdmdc 5 years ago
hdmdc
AHHHHHH! I forgot to post for the last round! Unacceptable on my behalf. I definitly will NOT forget to post my final argument.
Posted by hdmdc 5 years ago
hdmdc
Posted by Africaded 5 years ago
Africaded
Mr. Orawe I didnt have access to my computer for awhile and missed my debate responce time