Es6758
Sailfin_Tang567

Is Torture Ethical?

Es6758

Con

Torture is unethical, counter productive and cruel!
Sailfin_Tang567

Pro

I believe that torture is completely ethical, and for many reasons. Torture is a punishment that should be used throughout the world. It allows judicial officials to punish someone fairly. You see, people do many terrible things, that are punishable by even something beyond death, like torture. Torture promotes fear, and fear keeps people from doing bad things. Over all, torture is very ethical.

(Note: I do not support torture. Please remember this as I debate. Thank you.)
Es6758

Con

Torture is what some would call cruel and unusual punishment. Which most would call unethical. I feel that torture is counterproductive because you are doing terrible things to a person to find out about the terrible things he did. So the logic behind torture is "an eye for an eye"? I thought laws, procedures and rights were established so that we no longer lived in medieval times. I thought with becoming a civilized world we would do things the civilized way.
Sailfin_Tang567

Pro

Sailfin_Tang567 forfeited this round.
Es6758

Con

Es6758 forfeited this round.
Sailfin_Tang567

Pro

Sailfin_Tang567 forfeited this round.
Posted by JesusWasACommunist92 2 years ago
JesusWasACommunist92
You really can't say that it's unethical or ethical, because ethics are relative. So it's just an opinion.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
"Torture is unethical, counter productive and cruel! "
War is unethical, counter productive and cruel. War and torture are immoral always has been always will be. There are times when both are a necessary and justified.
With the new torture techniques used by cia, no bodily harm is done to the person being tortured.
Posted by TheNamesFizzy 2 years ago
TheNamesFizzy
I really think you guys should define ethical and morality in this debate. Is revenge moral? Is doing it to save lives moral? Touch on those issues and I'll vote.
Posted by Laxmaster24 2 years ago
Laxmaster24
it is very ethical. some bad people are so dedicated to there cause that they won't give up the other bad people just because we ask them to. we have soldiers every day being killed because of these people. if torture is what it takes to hunt down terrorists then they have my complete supprort
Posted by sherlockholmesfan2798 2 years ago
sherlockholmesfan2798
Perhaps not ethical, but the point of torture is not to be ethical. It is commonly used to extract information from unwilling participants. The debate here should not be of it's ethics. It should be of it's effectiveness. which would be a much more captivating debate and an equal one on both sides.