tristanbaltazor
Nd2400

Is Trump doing a good job in handling foreign threats like North Korea and Islamic terrorism?

Nd2400 has forfeited round #2.

tristanbaltazor

Pro

I want to start with the handling of North Korea. How Trump is handling North Korea is spot on and is a good change of pace. Rather than the three previous presidents where they cave into what North Korea wants including Bill Clinton giving them two modern nuclear reactors to the hermit state. However, Trump does not do this but instead strengthens his stances of the US towards North Korea even threatening complete destruction of North Korea, which would be true if hands need to get dirty.

My next point is Trump's handling in Islamic terror. Trump allowed the military to unleash its military might on Islamic terror groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda. Obama was very weak in his handling of ISIS, proof of this was when the Islamic State had convoys of trucks and other vehicles in straight lines leaving cities A-10 Warthogs and other US aircraft were on standby to destroy them but instead they were called off. This is much different from when Clinton allowed the US to send every available asset to destroy a convoy of Iraqi troops that were leaving Kuwait after brutally raping and killing men, women and children. However, Trump and Sec. Mattis have reduced the Islamic State to less than 1,000 active militants.

With the World becoming more in more hostile I believe Trumps handling of such things have made it into a threat no more. Making the world a safer place in the long run.
Nd2400

Con

Okay i want to thank you tristanbaltazor for this debate.

Your have two points you will be arguing, one is trump doing a good job on handling the North Korea issue and the other is trump doing a good job on Islamic terrorism. You seem to think trump is making the world safer. So on my defense i will be arguing why trump inst making the world safer. My main issue will be the North Korea issue. But i will also touch on Islamic terrorism.

"I believe Trumps handling of such things have made it into a threat no more". How can you say this when in fact North Korea is a threat right now and going to be a threat as long as this administration keep on putting pressure on North Korea. One more missile lunch by the North Koreans in all likelihood will bring war. And will not bring peace to the world. When you have Russia and China telling both sides to back off. Let me tell you something North Korea will not nor have any interest in attacking South Korea, Japan, or any of the US bases or the US directly. They know it would be suicidal. So therefore they won't attack first. But trump seem like he would make the first strike, and this would be a huge mistake. It could trigger China respond and even Russia. When both of these countries telling both side not to push each other any further, they is a reason by this. So here the issue with trump, he doesn't want the North to have any kind of nuclear weapons, but it just to late for North Korea to disarm now. And trump is willing to go to war with the North to stop them from getting a nuclear bomb to hit the mainland. This is comparable you the Cuban missile crisis. China could very well play the part of defending the North again. History is important to know why they are backing them.
"The Sino-North Korean Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty is a treaty signed on July 11, 1961 between North Korea and the People's Republic of China." (1.)https://en.wikipedia.org......... this is a treaty with the North Korea and China. Do you know why it's important? It because China would protect them if there were attack first. That's why China help them in the first Korean war. With the US helping the south. So history has a lot of importance, we need to understand it, so in the future, we don't do the same mistakes. The Chinese government has issued hundreds of warning to the US, not to attack the North. Why would they be so concern, if they weren't going to do anything?
"China won't come to North Koreans aid if it launches missiles threatening U.S. soil and there is retaliation, a state-owned newspaper warned Friday it would intervene if Washington strikes first". (2.)https://www.washingtonpost.com.........
So, in fact the way trump is handling the North Korea issues inst good. He threatening war, threatening to totally destroy the North, and telling Rex Tillerson, the United States Secretary of State not to have talks with the North nor hold on any talks. Trump not making his foreign policy clear, and this is dangerous. So, there is room for misunderstanding, room for miscalculations by both parties. Not having any communication with them can or will lean to miscalculations. So therefore trump isn't making us more safe with his foreign policy. By the way US and China relationship isn't going all that well either, same with Russia. Both of Russia and China are now closer than ever before. This is by far not good for trump nor the US.

"President Trump signed an executive memorandum Monday afternoon". (3.)https://www.whitehouse.gov...; That will likely trigger an investigation into China"s alleged theft of U.S. intellectual property, a measure that could eventually result in a wide range of penalties as the administration seeks a new way to deal with what it calls Chinese violations of the rules of international trade. The theft of intellectual property by foreign countries costs our nation millions of jobs and billions and billions of dollars each and every year," Once the US find evidence of alleged theft of U.S. intellectual property, Trump then will slap tariff on Chinese goods. China will then also slap tariff on the US goods. Yet that coercion might unleash a trade war between the two biggest economies they would effect everything from soy-beans to smartphones. Getting tough on China will not help either.

Now i will discuss the Middle East. Did you know how many countries would get involved if Israel and Iran when to war? I can tell you. First the US would get involved to help Israel, then who would help out Iran? You didn't think Iran would have help? Will they do, both Russia and China. Actually both countries are better friends with Iran than North Korea. Oh yeah, it won't be just Israel and Iran but the whole middle east would be involve. Saudi Arabia and Iran is raising their tensions as well just over a month ago Yeman terrorists group lunch a missile on Saudi airport. Luckily the Saudi shoot it down. But they continue to accuses Iran for this, because they are in a middle of a proxy war between them. And if and when these two countries actually attack one another this will bring the whole region down this path. And then we have India and Palestine having wars of words. They just need a spark, to inflamed this region. Again if you look at the big players in this region they have the backing of the more powerful nations. When and if things go south it will drag the rest of the world in to a world war. What trump did earlier this month will not create peace to this region. Just about every leader in the middle east and from around the world told trump not to move the Embassy to Jerusalem. Why Because it will undermine the peace process. It will create more misunderstanding and lead more risk of miscalculations on all sides. This will bring more Islamic terrorism, to the US and other parts of the Middle East. Trump was doing a okay job on fighting terrorism until he said he was going to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
" The Third Temple will exist during the Great Tribulation. Daniel refers to this temple when he says that "the prince who is to come" (the Antichrist) will enter it and stop the sacrifices in the middle of the Tribulation" (Daniel 9:27). (4.) http://christinprophecy.org...
tristanbaltazor

Pro

To your first point, you say "North Korea is a threat right now and going to be a threat as long as this administration keep on putting pressure on North Korea." To that I want to point out that the past four (Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama) administrations have allowed North Korea to get to their current point, making them a legitimate threat. If action was taken sooner they would more than likely not have nukes or still be well within development. So, I raise the question of would you rather have a country like North Korea continue to create WMDs for peace and stability now or keep them to where they are now and stop them from getting stronger?
Another point you bring up is "When you have Russia and China telling both sides to back off. Let me tell you something North Korea will not nor have any interest in attacking South Korea, Japan, or any other US bases or the US directly." To your first point, just yesterday the South Koreans intercepted a oil tanker delivering oil to off shore North Korean ships. Those ships have been reported as Russian. Also, China has came out and has said they want to work with the US more with coal and other resources rather than North Korea, even buying coal from the US. So, how can you say both Russia and China are telling both sides to stop, when China has decided to turn to the US for resources rather than North Korea and Russia now being an instigator and giving oil to North Korea in secrecy? To the next part of that quote, North Korea attacked a South Korean island Yeonpyeong with artillery hitting civilian and military targets in 2010. North Korea has recently threatened to fire missiles at the US base Guam even landing an ICBM in Japans economic waters.
Also, a huge difference between the Cuban Missile Crisis and today is that Nukes were put on Cuba via the Soviet Union to better hit the US. While today North Korea is creating its own nuclear missiles and has been condoned by both Russia and China.

On to the next point you make, "He is threatening to totally destroy the North, and telling Rex Tillerson, the United States Secretary of State not to have talks with the North nor hold on any talks." When Trump 'threatened to totally destroy the North' was after North Korea threatened to hit the island of Guam. Doing this was just a tactic to warn off North Korea of attacking the US, as you said "they know it would be suicide". You cannot have talks with someone who refuses to have talks first and saying "Nuclear weapons are a matter of life and death." You just cannot beat a dead horse. You also bring up the Sino-North Korean mutual aid agreement and China and Russia's relationship. Yes, if the US attacks North Korea first without a real reason China would get involved, however the US is smart enough to know not to instigate it. Which is why the US will never strike first and the US is actually choking North Korea to actually strike first of just collapse on its own. So, if North Korea attacks the US first or one of its allies the US will handle North Korea and defeat it no longer making it a threat and China, South Korea, Japan and the US can all start the rebuilding process of the former state. It could also just be choked to a point of collapse, which is what the US is doing right now, and begin the rebuilding process after collapse. With China and Russia, they are buddies they have been since the beginning of the cold war, but China depends on the US and the US depends on China, you will likely never see the two countries disagree with each other often... which is why China is now investing even more in the US.
To your point of the possible investigation of China's alleged theft of US intellectual property is not an important part to this. The reasoning? There is no investigation nor are there tariffs in place, so I do not see a point in bringing that up. If tariffs were bound to happen that is one thing, but there is no investigation.

Now to the Middle East, I was specifically talking about the handling of Islamic terrorism in the middle east. Personally, I would rather have the argument brought up in a separate debate due to the little individual pieces involved. However, I will quickly go over your points.
Israel and Iran are much like the US and North Korea, especially when Iran was handed a billion dollars and a nuclear reactor they are now a bigger threat than ever. I do not see war with Iran and Israel ever occurring just because of the US aspect and the fact that Israel has nuclear weapons of their own, and with the Saudis having a hatred towards Iran I believe that they will side with Israel because the US is a strong backer of both countries. Also, Iran has a lot of internal problems to worry about before the decide to declare war on Israel or Saudi.
Finally, the moving of the embassy just shows the support of the US for Israel nothing more. Palestinians will still attack Israel, the region will continue to be at war and does moving a building really change the dynamic of the region? No, the region has always been at war and will likely always will be.
My very last point is this: You bring up history a lot and I wanted to tell you this. World War II brought up a lot of conflict, instability and totally changed how the world is today. However, a few good men had to create a lot of war and instability to create peace and stability. World War II is a perfect example of this.

https://nypost.com...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com...
http://www.foxnews.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.foxnews.com...
https://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.bbc.com...
http://abcnews.go.com...
https://www.usnews.com...
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
I will for sure. But probably not until next week. Maybe sooner. But if we going to finish this off it will be 3 rounds, Because we left off in the 2nd. Oh and i will put a 48 hrs limit instead of the 24 hrs. Fair?
Posted by tristanbaltazor 6 months ago
tristanbaltazor
If you would like, challenge myself to a debate and continue with what your next argument would have been.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
I would want a other chance on this debate. But maybe with out the Islam terrorist in there, because i also thought it would probably be best to debate one or the other not both. Both have lots of information to debate with...
Posted by tristanbaltazor 6 months ago
tristanbaltazor
I believe you.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
Yeah was kind of bummed myself. I was working on my rebuttal just now. Just looked at the debate to go over it more thoroughly. Until i saw time ran out. I already had some of my sources. Oh we'll i guess no big deal... Just know i didnt do it on purpose...
Posted by tristanbaltazor 6 months ago
tristanbaltazor
I was bummed you did not reply fast enough, you are a pretty good guy to debate.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
I like the 72 hrs because i wont have to rush it out. And it would still give me time to do what i need to do outside of DDO. I guess i need to looked at the time limit more closely next time lol
Posted by tristanbaltazor 6 months ago
tristanbaltazor
I do 24, i usually do debates with 24 just because 3 days for rebuttal is a long tome.
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
What i though i had 72 hrs to give out my rebuttal... You had a time limit of 24 hrs on it... Didnt read the direction well enough on it then... Most debates i do is 72 hrs.
Posted by tristanbaltazor 6 months ago
tristanbaltazor
Its a confusing and fluid situation. I went with the most recent reports.