VictoriaHutt.16
Vapid_Darkness

Is Trump's wall really worth it?

VictoriaHutt.16 has forfeited round #2.

VictoriaHutt.16

Con

So to begin with, is Donald Trump's wall really worth the trouble? Is it really constitutional? Is it fair to Mexico? Is it fair to American citizens? Being against the wall, I believe the wall is not constitutional. One terrorist does not mean you burn their city. One naughty student doesn't mean you punish the entire school. Same with the wall. One Hispanic who won't pay American taxes while living in America does not mean you build a wall to keep all Hispanics out. And then to force Mexico to pay for part of the wall when it is an American idea, does that make any sense? This is an American project. So to make Mexico pay for part of it isn't fair in any way, shape, or form. What does it do to America's reputation? America is built on freedom and hope, so to build a wall on the border of Mexico crushes the reputation America built from the beginning of the country's history. I am looking forward to hearing my opponent's debate and debating this topic further.
Vapid_Darkness

Pro

First off thank you to Victoria for challenging me to this debate. I will start this round with my opening argument as you did not specify an order and I will rebuttal your arguments after. So to begin, Yes I am for a border fence. Just because our country represents freedom does not mean anyone can just walk in. There are between 12-20 million illegal immigrants in the United States today. Yes, this is a problem, these people are here illegally. Sure they may be coming into the country to work a job to support their family, but this does not give them the right to illegally cross the border when there are ways to immigrate into the country legally. Another problem that we face with illegal immigrants is the crime. Studies show that illegal immigrants are more likely to commit crime. Illegal immigrants accounted for 75% of federal drug sentences in 2014. As the character limit is so short I will have to add more statistics later. As well as my sources

https://goo.gl...
Posted by RC-9282 10 months ago
RC-9282
Respectfully, the constitution only applies to US citizens. And its not just one Hispanic, or even a Hispanic at that. Its hundreds of thousands, who are not paying taxes (income) and avoiding federal and state laws.
Posted by usawinseverytime 10 months ago
usawinseverytime
Con, you're arguments are so horrible, so dumb, and so baseless, that we should build the wall even higher. Then throw you and everyone who even thinks like you on the other side. I'm so sorry that you've been failed by your public education. May God have mercy on your soul.