DebateLD
Riza_Rosette

Is Twitter Better Than Facebook?

DebateLD

Pro

Yes, because this is faster update and it is more popular which is proven if you just look up Registered Users on twitter.com. and twitter is more reliable because all you need is a name and boom ur done. NO PRIVATE INFO. NEEDED so it creates safety.
Riza_Rosette

Con

First, I'd like to thank my opponent for this interesting and (hopefully) light-hearted debate.

My arguments are as follows:

1.)
Facebook allows for more creativity in posts, as well as notes, photo albums, and group pages. To my knowledge, Twitter offers none of these things, and forces you to condense an entire thought into a mere 40 characters. In fact, I'm certain my argument so far has been more than that. I cannot imagine trying to form a coherent sentence in such restrictive format.

2.)
Facebook requires you to post some personal information, which actually makes it safer. People will form bonds from all over the internet, and after a certain amount of time, people will freely give out their information anyway- and perhaps more than is wise.

3.)
Facebook helps to remove some of the anonymity of the internet. In some circles, (such as gaming sites, or hobby forums) using an internet handle is fine. But I don't think this is the case with social networking sites. After all, the point of a social networking site is- you guess it- socializing, with people that you actually know. I don't need to know my mom's internet persona- I can simply look up her name. This would be much more difficult on Twitter (where it would be pointless, due to the constricting format. See 1.)

4.)
One of my favorite thing about Facebook, is groups. I'm a somewhat active member of two, which isn't very many, but it's enough to keep me coming back. To my knowledge, Twitter doesn't have groups- and frankly, even if it did, the restricting format would make conversation between members impossible. How is one supposed to carry on a passionate debate about religion, or the economy, in under 40 characters?

My opponent's first statement seems to imply that mere popularity makes Twitter the better choice. My refutation is simply this: Mere popularity has nothing to at all to do with the usefulness or quality of the product in question. (Whatever it may be). Take, for instance, Justin Beiber. Insanely popular? Yes. Useful? Not at all.
So is the case with Twitter.

I thank my opponent in advance for a fun and interesting debate.
DebateLD

Pro

DebateLD forfeited this round.
Riza_Rosette

Con

Since I've apparently blown my opponent's mind, I urge voters to vote Con.
DebateLD

Pro

DebateLD forfeited this round.
Riza_Rosette

Con

Riza_Rosette forfeited this round.
DebateLD

Pro

DebateLD forfeited this round.
Riza_Rosette

Con

Riza_Rosette forfeited this round.
DebateLD

Pro

DebateLD forfeited this round.
Riza_Rosette

Con

Riza_Rosette forfeited this round.
Posted by Riza_Rosette 5 years ago
Riza_Rosette
I'm considering this. Interesting proposition.