Tyson69
Zarroette

Is Tyson Settre the next rising star for Westlakes Golf Club?

Zarroette
Started: 2/8/2015 Category: Sports

Tyson69

Pro

17 year old West Lakes Golf Club Junior Member, Tyson Settre has come leaps and bounds since beginning golf in the Junior Development Program just two years ago.

Originally an avid footballer, Tyson began to look at some low impact alternatives to the high intensity game when he started falling victim to some serious injuries that could have affected him long term if he continued.

"I started looking at focussing on improving my golf game after my body was starting to become more tired and I began to suffer from back problems" he said.

"After participating in a Golf Day, I became hooked and signed on as a Junior Member here. After some sessions, Club Professional and Coach, Jamie Clutterham asked me if I wanted to seriously improve my game," Tyson said.

Since then and under Jamie"s wing, in the past 12 months Tyson has gone from playing once a month to enjoying playing and practising every day and has seen his handicap drop from 26 to 8.

Clearly a gifted golfer, the hard work has already started to pay off for this young player to watch, with Tyson taking out the Junior Club Champs in his first year in the competition.

Recently participating in the Golf SA Junior Masters and in the Golf SA Junior Open this week and coming middle of the pack for his first time playing in either of the state competitions, the skies the limit for this young gun who has already achieved so much in his short career.

"My overall goal for 2015 is to keep practising and my handicap down to scratch then after finishing Year 12 at the end of 2015, I"m hoping to take a GAP year then hopefully be able to get into a PGA Australia traineeship" Tyson said.
Zarroette

Con

My opponent has copy-and-pasted his entire argument from a site without referencing the site. This is a conduct violation and should automatically lose him the debate. Here is the site:

http://www.westlakesgolfclub.com.au...

Otherwise, I will assume that the first round is for acceptance.
Tyson69

Pro

Tyson69 forfeited this round.
Zarroette

Con

My opponent needs to provide an affirmative argument that affirms the resolution, preferably one that is not plagiarised, in order to win this debate. Otherwise, it cannot be affirmed that Tyson Settre is the next rising star for Westlakes Golf Club.
Tyson69

Pro

Tyson69 forfeited this round.
Zarroette

Con

Points of contention

Plagiarism

As shown in the first round, my opponent has copied word-for-word an uncited source. This is plagiarism and should automatically disqualify my opponent. Again, this is the plagiarised source:

http://www.westlakesgolfclub.com.au...

Failing to fulfil BoP

My opponent only provides hints at Tyson Settre being the next rising star, rather than showing that he will be, the latter pertaining to the resolution. Where is the argument that shows Tyson Settre is the next rising star? Why does lowering his handicap from 26 to 8 mean that he is the next rising star? Why does coming in the middle of the What is the qualifier for being considered *the* rising star for Westlakes Gold Club? None of this, which is required to fulfil the BoP, is explained by my opponent.
Vote Placed by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
Tyson69ZarroetteTied
Vote Placed by ResponsiblyIrresponsible 2 years ago
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Tyson69ZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism/forfeit. Arguments and conduct to Con.