De_Weys_Ambassador
PinkSheep123

Is Ugandan Knuckles Meme appropriate for ages below teenager?

De_Weys_Ambassador has forfeited round #4.
Started: 1/23/2018 Category: Funny

De_Weys_Ambassador

Con

Ugandan Knuckles has become world-wide famous for being just obnoxiously funny. But not all the time is it appropriate for just anyone. So why would kids just go ahead and do that?
PinkSheep123

Pro

Hello and I look forward to an interesting debate on this topic.
Frame: appropriate is something that does not involve violence or inappropriate content such as curses

Assertion 1-Ugandan Knuckles has no violence
Unlike more recent memes like the tide pod challenge Ugandan Knuckles is just a joke that entails no violence. There are no weapons, it is just a question. Occurring in a kid-friendly VR chat, Ugandan Knuckles has never been violent.

Assertion 2-Ugandan Knuckles has no curses
The main words used in the Ugandan knuckles meme are "do you know dae way, brudda?"There are no obscenities in this. Even slight variations like "I have lost dae way" do not involve curses. Contrary to popular belief, the meme is no racist because the creator is Ugandan and thinks the meme is funny. (Memebase)

Sources: Memebase, Ifunny.co

Voters, if my frame is taken into account, I should win this debate. I await opposing arguments and rebuttals.
De_Weys_Ambassador

Con

Pro says, "meme is not racist unlike popular belief because the creator is Ugandan."

Con responds with the fact that he actually knows that and that's not my point. If I forgot to put that, well, oops. But curses have to do with other things to say. Constantly they'll be cursing in the background.

Pro says. "There is no violence in the kid-friendly VrChat game."

Objection: VrChat is not kid friendly. There is plenty of violence in it, including guns in the TUTORIAL. There is bad stuff including characters that are not appropriate for kids under maybe around 13-15+, (that depends on how they were raised,)
cursing each other out, bad songs and rooms. Now, I'm not against VrChat, but it's just not something people should watch. Half the world is watching this stuff, and half of them aren't even allowed to. Most of the younger children at my school are going around saying "Do u no de wae" and they are all under age of watching limits. In other words, the people who make this don't realize that younger kids are watching what they shouldn't be and should make it age restricted content. Here is a link to a video that proves how bad it is. https://www.youtube.com...

End of point is in that video...
PinkSheep123

Pro

My opponent has stated that there will be cursing in the background. However, that cursing in the background is not the actual Ugandan knuckles meme. Therefore it is off-topic

My opponent has stated that VR chat is not kid friendly. I only brought that up because it was Ugandan Knuckle's origin. Again, VRchat IS NOT Ugandan Knuckles. Ugandan Knuckles is just a meme, not animated.

My opponent has stated that the creator does not know kids are using it. However, it is common sense that the creator would know, as things on the internet are seen by everyone

I would like to point out the fact that my opponent used an anecdotal fallacy when he said "Most of the younger children at my school are going around saying "Do u no de wae" and they are all under age of watching limits. " Therefore, it cannot be taken into account.

My opponent has also stated that " Half the world is watching this stuff, and half of them aren't even allowed to. " However, Con failed to provide a source and I will no introduce a new statistic to refute it. According to Statista, "98% of people who have internet access have seen Ugandan Knuckles, and only 0.1% was not allowed." That directly disproves Con's source-less statistic.

Given that I have refuted my opponent's arguments and his refutations to mine, I will reiterate my arguments and provide all my sources. Currently, all my arguments are still on the table.

Sources: Memebase, Ifunny.co, Statista

Voters, again, I have proven my frame again in this debate round. I hope you see this and vote for me.
De_Weys_Ambassador

Con

(just as a note, I'm doing this for fun. If I lose, thats ok)

Pro says, "Statisica (what was it? I don't remember and I don't have them both open.) says that 98.9% (I remember there was a 98) of people that watch it, and only 0.1% aren't allowed too. Well, that's incorrect, since 0.1 + 98.9 (or whatever number) at most could only be 99. I'll finish this later, sorry about it, I just don't have time to do it all right now. So I'll put the rest of this debate in with the next round, with ---------- dividing them.
PinkSheep123

Pro

Judge, when it comes to surveys and statistics, there are vast minority answers barley pertaining to the topics that are also factored in. Therefore, that refutes con's one refutation from this round.

Arguments and Rebuttals extend