Wa55l3s303
daedalus112

Is Utopia Realistic/Possible?

daedalus112

Wa55l3s303

Con

Is Utopia realistic and/or possible? It's been debated for a long time, and it's been in many stories and movies. But the thing is, wherever in a story there exists a "perfect" world, something bad seems to be going on behind the scenes. Back to the question: I'd like to know everyone's honest opinion. As for my own:

Is Utopia realistic and/or possible? Could we have a perfect society worldwide, with no arguments and a complete form of government? Could we end all controversy? Act/think alike? Yes, absolutely, Utopia is possible. However, it's not in any way realistic. There is only one way to have a perfect world, one thing that makes our short-lived Utopia fantasy unrealistic. To reach the Utopian status, (emphasize these next words to yourself) every single person on the face of the Earth would have to possess the exact same opinions on every single topic worldwide. Every race, gender, and age would have to cooperate seamlessly by having the exact same reasoning as to why something is correct/incorrect. Whenever there is disagreement, there is trouble.

So once again, what do you guys think? Add your opinions below. Thanks!
daedalus112

Pro

I am glad you remarked what happens within movies, when you say that it seems there is or there would be a perfect world but something bad seems to be going on behind the scenes, I completely agree with you, because the Idea of a Utopic Society has always been put in humankind for manipulation. This is the case of many dictators. Where they promise sunshine and rainbows but with the wrong intentions. So the proposal of an Utopic Society has never been put in place, just a meagre sketch of it. The reason why this happens is because the Idea of an Utopic Society has always been put in the terms of one man, an Utopic Society surely does not have the same meaning for me than it has for you. Ideas of Utopic Societies have failed for that very reason, there is only one ideology in this Utopic Sketches, and that`s what we have being doing wrong. A Utopic Society must not be lead by ideologies, but by objectives. It must be built by the dream of a paradise, not a heavenly one, but one that our children and us can enjoy.
Now, how could we achieve this? You have said that we must possess the exact same opinions on every single topic worldwide. Sincerely, we just need one opinion in common, the will to survive by partnership. Everyone is the enemy until a common enemy appears, and then. Everyone works together to demolish this enemy. The only difference is that we must not aim our hate to a country, a religion or even a race. we must aim our hate to the extinction. Soon, there will not be enough resources, and we will need to put aside our hate to differences. of course, this only happens if everyone is able to do so, which complicates things. but sincerely, I could tell you, that an Utopia is possible. I am sorry if i distanced from the topic too much.
Wa55l3s303

Con

Wa55l3s303 forfeited this round.
daedalus112

Pro

Well, I can see you forfeited. Why?
Well, I guess I will continue. My argument is this, Utopia is not something you wish, is not a dream or an ideology, is an objective that is prioritized. Regardless of selfishness and your own desire, it is a much greater objective, it is not about money, but to see a wonderful place where our children enjoy life and embrace its essence. It is something that is constructed by the people itself. More tolerance, even one simple gesture can change it, there is no need for huge help institutions. Just to see, and only see down a man to help him get better. in time, schools get better, the dignity arises. everything is accomplishable from gesture to gesture, from little action to little action. until the normal thing is the insuperable. to think as a specie and not as a group, to help each other, but not because we are Christians, americans, jews, whites, no... it is because we live together, we share a world together. instead of simply arguing, make actions that can change the life of another one. that is how utopia is created. from good intention to good intentions, from gesture to gesture, from action to action, from smile to smile, to embrace survival and the objective of a wonderful world.
Wa55l3s303

Con

You're right, I forfeited. It's because this is my first debate and I didn't know you could forfeit... :/ Anyway, I guess I'm not a big fan on the whole arguing part, I just wanted to see who had what opinion and why. Thanks for participating! It turned out my first debate post was somewhat popular!
daedalus112

Pro

Haha its ok!! I am glad you liked it
Posted by Bookwormav 1 year ago
Bookwormav
A Utopia is very much possible, but modern pop culture has displayed such things as hiding a horrible secret. The definition of a Utopia seems to change from person to person and by that way a lot of Utopias can exist. In my view, a form of Utopia could be achieved today if we were to build a perfectly structured city that can easily support many people comfortable, and allow to have everything mathematically formulated so as to become a pinnacle of architecture, economy, society, transportation, and living conditions. We can achieve this today if we were able to work together for the future.
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
I partially disagree. A utopia would be where there are infinite possibilities and cultures and ideas, not a single one, where all cooperate and benefit from each other.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Wa55l3s303daedalus112Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture