SomeGuyOutThere
Reeseroni

Is Wumbology a true science?

Reeseroni

SomeGuyOutThere

Pro

As one of the world's leading and most renowned wumbologists, I have been a true activist to eliminating the common belief that wumbology is but a mere fictional concept.
Reeseroni

Con

By accepting this argument, I propose to prove how wumbology is "a mere fictional concept.

First off, lets set some boundaries.

Wumbology: [1] The Study of all things Wumbo

Wumbo: [2] "The opposite of Mini". Direct definition from Spongebob Squarepants, season 3, episode 1, "Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV".

Spongebob Squarepants, season 3, ep. 1 Found here --> [3]

Episode analyzation: When Mermaid Man accidentally leaves his belt behind as he and Barnacle Boy leave the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob picks it up and proceeds to test it out with a barrel of pickles. Amazed at what it does, he shrinks the kitchen props. As he serves Krabby Patties to cockroaches, Squidward discovers the belt. Surprised that Mermaid Man lent it to SpongeBob, he picks up the phone and threatens to tell on him. SpongeBob is concerned that Mermaid Man will be mad, so he shrinks Squidward in order to stop him. Squidward grows angry and demands him to unshrink him this instant or he is gonna be in very big trouble. SpongeBob agrees and tries to, but unfortunately, he doesn"t know how to, so he runs over to Patrick"s house, where Pat thinks Squidward is an action figure. After being told by SpongeBob to stop playing with it, Pat advises him to turn the M on the belt upside-down to make a W for "Wumbo" and SpongeBob proceeds to fire away, but he accidentally shrinks Patrick. SpongeBob quickly panics and shrinks everybody in Bikini Bottom, including Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. It is quickly discovered that the shrink ray"s effects are irreversible, so the Bikini Bottomites climb into SpongeBob"s body through his pores and begin to attack him on the inside; before they can do any real damage, SpongeBob atones for his mistakes by shrinking the city of Bikini Bottom and himself, allowing everyone to live out their lives peacefully. However, Plankton soon arrives back from his vacation to find a city his size which however accomplishes his dream to be taller to crush his enemies. [3]

In conclusion, Pro will be proving the existence of the concept of "Wumbology" or "The study of the opposite of Mini" in relation to present times, rather than a fictional Television show. Con (me) will prove how "Wumbology" is a fictional concept that is not relatable to present time.

Thank you, and Good luck.

[1]: http://www.urbandictionary.com...
[2]: http://www.urbandictionary.com...
[3]: http://pscinema.click...
SomeGuyOutThere

Pro

SomeGuyOutThere forfeited this round.
Reeseroni

Con

I have no further arguments to my opponents poor behavior towards our argument. I hope he will return in the third round. All put to side, I eagerly await my opponent's further arguments.
SomeGuyOutThere

Pro

SomeGuyOutThere forfeited this round.
Reeseroni

Con

Unfortunately, the purple circles have stricken once again. I am genuinely upset that my opponent abandoned this debate, and I hope you support me when you vote :)
Posted by Lumberjay85 2 years ago
Lumberjay85
Aww, I realize this was probably a joke by Pro, but this could have actually been a really good debate.
Vote Placed by AlwaysRight12345 2 years ago
AlwaysRight12345
SomeGuyOutThereReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: Easy 7 points.
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
SomeGuyOutThereReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
SomeGuyOutThereReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Kozu 2 years ago
Kozu
SomeGuyOutThereReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: It would seem Pro joined DDO last week and made this debate, and never came back. I hope he is in the best of health and may one day return. With that said, he never proved that wumbology was a true science, let alone a real science to begin with. Con gave the origins of this "science", which came from a fictional source, further suggesting such a science is not of this reality.