NKJVPosttribulationist
LeeJohnson

Is Yeshua a good and qualified Leader?

NKJVPosttribulationist has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

I think Yeshua is a good and qualified Leader that listens to the people. When I asked Him why He should be my Lord and Savior, He answered instead of getting angry. He always does what is right without exception, and wants an open and honest relationship. He makes sacrifices for the good of His people, and any consenting party can receive Him today and forever.
LeeJohnson

Con

Before I begin, I need to clarify that I am a Christian theist. While I haven't read a lot from the Hebrew bible, I'll try and be as accurate as I can; and please correct me if I get something wrong.

I'll mostly be asking for clarification in this round.

"I think Yeshua is a good and qualified Leader that listens to the people."

This is very broad claim made by Pro, with a clear bias, without any backup - sure they tell their own personal experience, but I won't be persuaded by ethos.

For example: If I tell you that I believe in the Easter Bunny, and said he started flying around my house giving us candy; well surely that seems absurd. But the analogy works with the representation you're giving me. I'd like if you provided evidence, however:

1. https://www.oneforisrael.org... ---> Explains Jesus vs. Yeshua
2. https://jewsforjesus.org... ---> Explains who was Yeshua and the arguments against Him

I would believe you've already read those, but if not, I'd recommend it.

"He always does what is right without exception, and wants an open and honest relationship."

Again, this is a very broad claim with no backup. I understand you can believe this directly, but it doesn't help your case with no backup. I hope you know that you can get evidence from the Bible, or even online - if it has accurate statistics and no personal bias.

"He makes sacrifices for the good of His people, and any consenting party can receive Him today and forever."

I'm starting to wonder if you're taking this seriously. The spread of religion is important to me, as well; but not during a debate. A debate is a rational process of reasoning and logic, but I've not seen either so far.

In conclusion:
1. Please provide actual evidence
2. Give me something to refute - rather than personal bias
NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

Yeshua challenged religious hypocrisy, was tortured to death, saved an adulteress from sin and the religious police, healed, loved, affirmed women as human beings, and stood up for children. He is very qualified. What would you like me to prove?
LeeJohnson

Con

Let's begin,

"Yeshua challenged religious hypocrisy, was tortured to death, saved an adulteress from sin and the religious police, healed, loved, affirmed women as human beings, and stood up for children. He is very qualified."

Again, you're reiterating theistic claims without any backup. You need to prove two simple things:

1. Why Yeshua should be a "qualified" leader?
2. What is the evidence to support to this claim?

The problem, as I see it, is that you're listing all these claims without any evidence to support. That is what a debate is all about - giving evidence; but you have not done that, and have wasted two rounds.

I expect statistical and scientific evidence next round that both help support your case and merely give me something to refute or analysis - you must also give me sources to where you found your findings. I will not be persuaded by "lazy science."
NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

Read John 2 where Yeshua clears the temple. My fav part of the Bible.
LeeJohnson

Con

I'm happy you provided something of substance, let's start.

"Read John 2 where Yeshua clears the temple."

Specific source not cited - but if anyone wants to read it, here it is.

1. https://www.biblegateway.com... ---> John 2:13-22 New International Version (NIV)

I believe that Pro has given a valid argument. But, just for the fun of it, do you have any scientific evidence to support why Yeshua would be a good and qualified leader? You provided a piece of scripture, but that alone wouldn't convince a "non-theist".
Posted by levi_smiles 1 month ago
levi_smiles
Isn"t there something inherently contradictory about expressing approval for an all powerful monotheistic god? If Yeshua created the heavens and the earth and all contained therein then it follows that Yeshua created good & evil as well as our capacity to perceive good & evil. In such a universe we the created lack standing or authority to editorialize regarding god"s performance as a god. At best, our opinion of Yeshua is beside the point; at worst our opinion of Yeshua is manufactured by Yeshua.