holeymoley03
Talyllyn

Is YouTube good or bad for young children?

holeymoley03

Con

To be completely honest, YouTube on kids is extremely bad. People like PewDiePie and Skydoesminecraft use a lot of swearing in their videos, and that's something kids don't need to hear at their early age. Yes, there are some channels that don't use swearing, but they do use sexual references and other things children shouldn't be prone to.
Talyllyn

Pro

I accept the challenge.

Youtube is very helpful, to young children as well as adults. Yes, famous Youtubers such as skydoesminecraft and pewdiepie do swear on their videos, and videos with questionable content do exist, but what about the helpful side of Youtube? Videos with tutorials can help a young man with his necktie or a young woman with her makeup.

Youtube contains a lot of educational videos as well, for students both young and old. If a parent has absolutely no idea how to teach his or her child the basics of photosynthesis, Youtube is an open option where videos are free and sometimes more reliable than tutors.

Children can learn from other people through Youtube, and if a parent is wary with what his or her child is watching, an option is to apply a parental control.

I look forward to Con"s response.
holeymoley03

Con

holeymoley03 forfeited this round.
Talyllyn

Pro

You forfeited. Ok. What I will say is: "y u forfit m8?"

Because I feel like it, I will continue giving points as to why I believe Youtube is not bad for young children.

1) It can teach them things they do not learn in school

If a child wants to learn about astronomy, but can't because his or her school's curriculum does not include it, he or she can watch a video online.

If a child is incredibly smart and is more advanced than his or her classmates, then Youtube is an open source for more complex subjects.

2) Videos appeal more to children than books

I understand that there are still children that enjoy the wonders of a book, but we must accept the fact that most children prefer to look at a screen. For children that do not find reading fun, videos are an open source of education. Videos show visual models of many things, showing the children a more closer view of what they are watching.

Some children also use different methods of learning. A child can forget easily what he has read if the book he is holding is full of words, but a video that he can see and hear might be a better way of teaching him a certain subject.

I look forward to Con's response or forfeit.
holeymoley03

Con

holeymoley03 forfeited this round.
Talyllyn

Pro

Talyllyn forfeited this round.