solesurvivorian
bond_jamesbond101

Is a border wall with Mexico good?

solesurvivorian has forfeited round #2.

solesurvivorian

Con

The wall is an expensive and ineffective solution the illegal immigrant problem at the southern border that also brings environmental rights issues to people who live on both sides of the border. If built Trumps wall would cost the United States about $31.2 billion. Furthermore the United States already has a border fence that does the same job that a border wall would do. There"s no significant benefit to building a wall, and a wall would have the same drawbacks that the current fence has. Determined illegal immigrants can still climb, tunnel, or go around a large wall. Not only is a wall no more effective than a fence, it even causes problems the fence never did. A large wall running through the desert would disrupt animal migrations and would destroy the habitats of the local wildlife. The wall would also cause flooding and debris build up on both sides of the border which would be harmful to all people living near the wall. With many of the same drawbacks and added flaws of its own the building of Trump's expensive wall is not the best solution for the illegal immigration problem.
bond_jamesbond101

Pro

Technically the border wall is not really so expensive, after all the government nearly spends $10,460,188,800 per day. Also the building the border wall has many benefits. Just building the wall would create 25,600 jobs and with border patrol it would be even more. Also it would obviously help stop illegal immigration. It is estimated that 462,793 illegal immigrants cross the border per year, And with a wall the number of illegal immigrants will be extremely smaller. Thank you con for choosing such an interesting topic and I am excited to see what you have to say back.
Posted by Debating_Horse 8 months ago
Debating_Horse
What a puss! Couldn't even continue to round 2! Come on!
Posted by Debating_Horse 8 months ago
Debating_Horse
I want to debate this, but I fear failure! I may accept soon! And also I would see this as good, just in case I encounter someone else who brings this up!