Killer_Monkeez1
Ollie3400

Is a console better than a pc for gaming

Killer_Monkeez1

Pro

Personally, i believe that a console is better as there are far simpler commands than on a computer. With a console, there are many options to expanding the users interface from keyboards to steering wheels and jet controls to foot pedals. On a pc, you are only able to use that ghardware that is approrpiate for a single game.

Take an xbox 360s for example, There are many different things that come standard on the console such as a very good disk drive, wireless capabilities, wireless controller access, and a multiplayer interface. There are many different controllers that can be used on that system such as the standard factory controller, aftermarket contrllers, wireless or wired guitars, or even the kinect. They also feature different options that could be upgraded via the user if they are opting towards modifications.

On playstation side, there isnt much that could be customized on the actual system. You can purchase different coolers, skins, and controllers, but other than that there arent too many options in regaurds to the actual system. Sony recently released the Playstat
Ollie3400

Con

I thank Killer_Monkeez1 for allowing me to take part in this debate

There are many reasons why a pd is better than a console.The first being that a pc has a lot more room to be upgraded, if you want your games to be better looking then you can buy a new graphics card, if you want it to multi task better you can buy a ram card neither of these can you purchase for a console and if you want better graphics on a console you have to wait till the next generation of consoles are released and as this 7th generation has proved that can be a long time. Also I would like to add that on the Xbox 360's launch I did not have a very good hard disk (if it had one at all) it did not have wireless capabilities and did not have kinect furthermore I would like you to elaborate on what you mean when you say upgaded because from my stand point the main hardware cannot be upgraded at all.

Another point is that a pc can be used as more than just a gaming device making a pc much more versatile than a console. For example a pc can have a word processor or a format for presenting PowerPoints making them socially a better purchase than a console adding on to this is multitasking there has never been a console that can run 2 programmes at the same time with a pc you do get this benifit?For example if you wanted to listen to music whilst playing a game on a pc you can just load up ITunes if you wanted to do this on a console you would have to use a different device such as an iPod or radio.

My next point is performance if you have a pc that can run a games recomended settings then you can run that game at a uncapped framerate which gives the keyboard and mouse more opportunities to register your inputs in the game. Why do you think pro counterstrike players play at over 1000 frames per second? because they will have the best chance of getting there reaction registerd quicker on a console this is capped usually to 30 frames per second not only making it take longer for the console to register your overall commands but I can give the game a more sluggish feel.

My final point of this round is one of community from past experience I find the pc community on the whole a lot more friendlier than the console community this can be seen by just going on call of duty on Xbox live and seeing the amount of hate being banded about this is a rare occurrence on pc perhaps with the exception of hon vs lol but that's a completely different debate entirely.
Killer_Monkeez1

Pro

Yes, a pc does indeed have more room to be easily upgraded but here are many different parts that are available for an Xbox, you just have to do some looking around. They do have aftermarket graphics cards, power supplies, fans, disk drives, and other internal components that can be replaced to increase the performance of ones Xbox.

Second, you say that "on the Xbox 360's launch I did not have a very good hard disk (if it had one at all) it did not have wireless capabilities and did not have kinect." Very true, if you have an older model. I own an Xbox 360 slim and then purchased a new internal hard drive. Also, it depended on when you purchased your system. When I had my system picked out, they had kinect bundles that came with between two and three games.

By you saying that a pc is more versatile is going against the original argument itself. We were discussing the gaming capabilities alone.

Continuing off the previous paragraph of yours, if you would like to multitask, and then use an iPod or something. I do not particularly understand who listens to their iPod when playing COD. It is much more fun to hear the game sounds.

Performance. If I run a cod game or something like that on a pc the frame rate will be extremely low, near the 60-80 fps range as a stock tower. On a console like the Xbox, it is made stock to have powerful graphics capabilities without being to overpowering or spending too much money. With a modified system version, you can easily erase the caps that the game manufacturer has set for that game. Take a j-tag for example, it is incredibly simple to install, and can change any factors about the software or improve the functions of stock hardware that has been limited.
For the experience online, almost every lobby I have been in has been friends, it just depends on whom all you decide to play with like friends, family, or neighbors. Yeah with first person shooters there will be a few squabbles over something silly but they usually just laugh it off or leave the lobby.

You have brought up some good points but I believe the console is still far better than a pc STRICTLY for gaming.
Ollie3400

Con

Ollie3400 forfeited this round.
Killer_Monkeez1

Pro

Would you care to call this a squared debate? Call voting and such forth. if yes, forfeit, if no, please provide a counter in the comments.

Thank you for the opportunity to debate you!
Ollie3400

Con

Ollie3400 forfeited this round.
Posted by Morinc 4 years ago
Morinc
i think Monkeez got you on this one